Safe

The gate groaned as people opened it up. My brother slowly drove in a man that looked like he was in his forties walked over to us and knocked on the window. My brother rolled down the window and looked at him. He gave my brother a clipboard with some papers on it and a pen. I leaned over his shoulder and looked at it. At the top it said sign in he wrote his name on it and mine. "Thank you" my brother said as he put the window back up.

The man looked into the back seat and waved I smiled at him. My brother drove further down where there was more people. He rolled down the window "hello sir " a woman with a sweet voice said."hello" my brother said back I waved at the lady and she smiled.

She handed him a key " you have room 2b. Breakfast is at 8:00am lunch is at 2:30pm and dinner is at 8:15pm. My brother nodded. "Thank you" he said.

He parked the car in a garage. Once I got down I yawned and stretched. "That was a long drive" I said smiling my brother chuckled as he stretched too.

He looked at the key then the school.

He walked over to the back and saw the number two and the letter
B.

He put the key in the key hole and opened the door. It looked like a classroom that had been turned into a bedroom. It was very modern style my brother put the key in his pocket and closed the door making sure to lock it .

Now it was 8:10 " we Better get going " my brother said . We walked out of our room and as soon as we did we smelt delicious smelling food. We followed the smell and ended up in the school cafeteria. There was people sitting down already eating their food.

We walked over to what seemed to be a good stand. A plump man with red cheeks and a apron on smiled at both of us and put steak and corn on our plate. We got orange juice and sat down at a table. A girl that looked the same age as my brother walked over to our table and sat down.

"Hello " she said to my brother . My brother stopped mid-chew and looked at her I guess he thought she was pretty.

"Oh hello" my brother said while fixing his hair. He shooed me away and I glared at him he made a mad face and I got my food and stomped away.

I sat down at a table full of kids. It went silent and they all stared at me. I waved and all of them smiled. Wanna play cards a boy with a baseball hat and freckles asked me. "Sure I replied.

I talked to other kids there while playing cards. Then when we all finished and my brother told us to head to our apartment. "So you
and that girl" I asked.

"Don't worry about it " he said. He opened our room door. I ran over to the bed I heard him groan as he Layed on the couch . A few minutes later I fell asleep with a smile on my face.