Saved

Water started to spray onto the windows.   Then I saw it. A friendly female face opened the door. "Hello I'm Laura" she stepped to the side and pointed to two smiling men "these are my buddies josh and mike". "Hi I'm Alice and this is Austin " "are you guys okay"? She said with a concerned look.

"Yeah were okay" come out. There was a piled of infected on both door sides. In the pile I saw my brothers decayed face and I fought back tears.

"By the way where did you get all of the water?" Mike smiled and pointed to a fire truck. "Let's just say we borrowed it.

We all laughed. "You guys can come with us if you want" Laura said.

Josh looked at my thigh. "Aye! She's bitten mate". Everyone looked at my thigh. "Yeah you can't come with us with that bite". Laura said. "I'm not bitten! Can I come"? Austin said. I looked at him I was shocked. "Yeah kiddo hop in". Mike ushered Austin into the front seat. They all found seats and drove off.

I stood there shocked how could Austin just betray me like that?  I started to cry. I was lost. I didn't know what to do or where to go. I got in the front drivers seat of my brother car.    I didn't know how to drive but tried anyway. I inserted the key and the engine roared to life.

Buckled my seatbelt and put the car in drive. I put my foot on the gas Pedal and the car drove over some of the dead bodies. I  drove off the bridge and saw a big sign reading "Kelly's gunshop". I made a sharp left turn almost making the car fall over and went into the parking lot.

I took the key out and slammed the door.   I walked into the store the sunlight illuminated all of the guns. I found a duffle bag and swung it over my shoulder. I looked at a glass display with knives in it. I walked over to a small gun i looked at it closer a Glock 22.  I held it in my hand. It was not to heavy.  I found a waistband and put it on I plopped my gun in it.  I got a box of ammo labeled glock 22. I looked at a chauchat " I guess I should bring a machine gun along. I got the ammo for it and shoved it all in my duffle bag. I broke the glass display of knives with the butt of my glock and got a machete. "This will do for a melee weapon.

Everything except my glock was in my duffle bag.  The duffle bag was a bit heavy but I managed to carry it.

I went into the back of the store and saw some black ripped jeans they smelt fresh so I put it on.

I walked out the store with all my stuff I looked like a total badass. I put all my stuff in the passenger seat and started the car up.  "I guess I'm gonna have to survive on my own.