ten

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

One year and two months ago

It seemed as though Aleta was doing a lot of walking nowadays and she didn't like it. She walked down the quiet hallways of Tesla and stopped in front of a door. She knocked lightly and waited.

When the door opened, Sarai stood in the doorway and Aleta squinted her eyes in confusion. "We've been expecting you," she said creepily. Aleta scrunched up her face in disgust. "Where's Freya?" She asked in annoyance.

Sarai rolled her eyes, "She's inside, duh. But we've been expecting you." Sarai beckoned her friend into the room and Aleta sighed in annoyance as she walked inside. "What are you two weirdos doing here?" Aleta asked Clarke and Sarai as she stepped into the living room.

"Waiting for you," Clarke responded happily. "What are you so happy about?" Aleta asked with narrowed eyes. "My best friend has a boyfriend," Clarke sang. Aleta groaned, "You're still on that? We established this like, five months ago."

"I know that, but I still can't believe it," Clarke said with a large smile. "How are things with you and Bellamy?" Freya asked the brunette. Aleta blushed slightly and looked away. "Things are good," she mumbled.

"Look! She's blushing!" Sarai exclaimed. The three girls cooed mockingly and teased Aleta further. "Leave me alone," Aleta said. The three friends laughed and Aleta glared at them. "Honestly Ali, out of the four of us, you were the last person we thought would get a boyfriend first," Freya admitted still laughing.

Aleta was offended, "And why is that?" Freya shrugged, "Well, you're always so focused on school and other boring stuff. We didn't think you even thought of ever having one." Aleta turned to Clarke and Sarai who were nodding in agreement to Freya's words.

"Well thanks guys, for making me feel like a loser," Aleta grumbled. Clarke was the first to respond. "You're not a loser. You're great and Bellamy is lucky to have you," she said causing Freya and Sarai to nod in agreement. "Speaking of Bellamy, when are we gonna meet this hunk of yours?" Sarai asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Yeah. When am I gonna meet him?" Clarke asked with a pointed look. Aleta shrugged and smiled sheepishly, "After my parents do, I guess," she mumbled. "So you told your parents about him then?" Sarai questioned.

Aleta shook her head, "I told my mom. It was an accident and I was half expecting her to tell my dad," she answered.

"So your dad doesn't know?" Clarke asked next. "Nope. You know how he is and I don't know how to tell him," Aleta responded. Freya thought for a moment before sighing in defeat and shrugging, "Well, good luck with that." Aleta scowled at her. "Thanks, Freya. You're very helpful," she said sarcastically.