thirty two

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

The cart seemed to keep moving for hours. When it finally stopped, Aleta wasn't sure if she was relieved or terrified. The Reapers grabbed a body and pulled him out of the cart. They carried the body away and seconds later, she heard screams. He wasn't dead. Now he probably was.

Clarke got up and peered over the edge of the cart. She turned around and looked at them. "Ok, come on," she whispered.

Aleta carefully got up and moved to one of the edges. Anya sat up but didn't move. They looked back at her.

"What are you doing?" Let's go," Clarke whispered.

"Yu gonplei ste odon," Anya whispered to a man before snapping his neck.

Aleta's mouth fell open in shock. Anya looked angry but got up. They threw the clothes out of the cart and went out after them. The three picked up the clothes and began to run. When they got far enough away they began to put on the clothes. Aleta moved as quickly as she could, lacing up her boots and standing up.

When they were all done they began to run again. The tunnels seemed to span forever and ever. Aleta was tired of running and felt hot underneath the jacket she was wearing.

"Damn it. This place is a maze," Clarke said. Anya began to slow down and coughed. Aleta and Clarke stopped as well and turned to face her.

"What are they doing to us?" Anya asked quietly.

"They use your blood. I saw a soldier come in with radiation burns. Hours later, he was fine. It's like your blood is healing them somehow. I've never seen anything like it. Come on. This way," Clarke quickly answered. She began to run in one direction but Anya turned to walk in the other direction.

Clarke noticed this quickly and made her way back to Anya. "Hey. Hey. What are you doing? That's the way back to the Reapers," she said.

"You go your way, I'll go mine," Anya replied.

"Anya, we need to stick together," Aleta told her.

"I told you there is no 'we'," Anya retorted.

"We saved your life," Clarke told her.

"You saved my life because you need me. I know the way back to your people. I know where the traps are hidden. You two would never make it alone," Anya responded. Clarke began to walk in the direction she was originally walking in with Aleta following.

"We don't have time for this. Our best chance of making it out of here alive is together. All we can do is keep moving and hope—" Clarke turned back to where Anya was to see that she was gone.

"Anya. Anya?" Clarke whispered walking forward.

"Clarke, we need to move," Aleta said. Clarke turned back to Aleta and the two began running again. They ran for a few minutes before stopping when they heard a Reaper. They turned to run in a different direction but another Reaper appeared.