twelve

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

One year ago

Aleta paced back and forth across her living room. She decided that she was going to tell her dad about Bellamy and she was terrified. "Why are you pacing?" Damon Correia asked his daughter as he entered the room. Aleta jumped in surprise.

"Don't do that," she exclaimed. "Is there something that we need to discuss?" He asked her in a way that made her think that he already knew the answer. Gianna walked in after him and gave Aleta a look. "Yes dad, there is," Aleta said quietly.

She motioned for her dad to sit down on the couch. "There's something that I've been keeping from you for a while now," Aleta started. "Okay, what is it?" Damon asked, his voice serious. He didn't sit down. Aleta sighed, "Well—"

"Aleta has a boyfriend!" Gianna exclaimed, cutting her daughter off. The woman then clamped her hand over her mouth and her eyes widened. "What?" Mr. Correia bellowed. "Mom!" Aleta exclaimed.

"I'm sorry. But keeping this a secret was hard. I mean, this is such great news," Gianna replied sheepishly. Damon looked at his daughter, his face hard. "Is this true?" He asked her and Aleta nodded. "Yes," she said. "I can't believe this," he muttered.

"Dad, he's a really good guy. And I really like him," Aleta said. "Who is this boy? Where is he from?" Her father asked her. "His name is Bellamy. He's from Factory Station," she mumbled and her father scoffed.

"Factory Station? Surely you're kidding," he said in disgust. Aleta glared angrily at him. "No, I'm not kidding, dad," she said. "How old is he?" Was her father's next question. Aleta looked down, "Twenty two." Damon laughed humorlessly, "Twenty two? You're dating a twenty two year old boy from Factory Station? You're barely eighteen years old!" He said.

"Do I know this Bellamy?" The man asked and Aleta shrugged. "He's training to be a guard. I'm sure you two have crossed paths before. He told me that you came in during their training a few times," Aleta responded. "How long has this been going on?" Damon asked. "Around, seven months," Aleta answered honestly. "How could you not tell me that you were dating some boy?" Damon questioned angrily. "Because I knew you would react like this," Aleta said loudly.

"Alright, how about we all calm down," Gianna said, holding her hands up. "Of course I'm gonna react like this. My daughter is dating someone from Factory Station. Why would you slum it down for scum?" He asked.

Aleta's eyes burned with fury and she glared so fiercely at him that his eyes widened a little and he took a step back away from her. "You don't know Bellamy. You have no idea what he goes through or what anyone outside of Alpha Station goes through because you don't give a damn. And even with those struggles, Bellamy Blake is the kindest person that I have ever met. He is so loving and caring. He treats people with respect, even if they don't deserve it. People like you. He cares about me and I care about him. You have no right to talk about him or anyone else in that manner. Don't you ever talk about him like that again. Don't you ever disrespect him ever again. You don't get to judge him without getting to know him and I refuse to stand here and let you disrespect my boyfriend," Aleta hissed.