twenty six

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

Aleta's slumber was interrupted by commotion and a loud voice. She opened her eyes and began looking around the room. Her eyes landed on Myles, whose eyes were wide open and staring blankly. Her own eyes widened and she scurried out of bed, falling to the floor with a loud bang. Murphy immediately turned to her direction, rifle raised and pointing at her.

She eyed the gun before looking the boy in the eyes. "John, what are you doing?" She slowly asked. She looked behind him to see Jasper, who was trying to remain calm. "I really wish you had stayed asleep, Aleta," John said before turning back to Jasper. "Give me the radio, Jasper," he demanded. Aleta stared wide eyed at the two, thoroughly confused by what was happening.

Jasper held out a hand and used his other to slowly take the radio out of his pocket. Aleta remained frozen on the dropship floor. Jasper quickly put the radio to his lips. "Murphy has a gun. He killed Myles," he exclaimed as fast as he could. Murphy hit Jasper with the rifle, knocking him to the floor. "Murphy, what the hell are you doing?" Aleta heard Bellamy's voice through the radio.

Murphy didn't reply and instead walked to the dropship's door and began closing it. Aleta got to her feet. "No! Stop!" She exclaimed. She grabbed his arm but he pushed her away. Aleta's side hit a metal table and she hissed in pain. She barely heard Bellamy yell Murphy's name before the door closed completely. Aleta glared at the boy before falling to the floor next to Jasper. "Are you okay?" She whispered and he nodded.

"Open the damn door!" Bellamy's muffled voice was heard. "You try to be a hero, Jasper and Aleta die!" John yelled back. Aleta looked at him, her eyes burning with anger. He looked over at her, "You really should've stayed asleep."

••••

A few hours had gone by and an annoyed Aleta sat on the floor next to Jasper whilst Murphy paced. Aleta and Jasper were both tied up but only Jasper was gagged. She watched John with a mixture of annoyance and boredom on her face. She didn't say anything to him, though. He was acting unstable and fully ready to use the rifle in his hands.

"Murphy! Murphy, if you even touch Aleta or Jasper, I swear to God, you're dead," Octavia's slightly muffled voice could be heard. Aleta looked over at the closed door and then back at Murphy who ignored Octavia all together. "I don't know what you think you're going to accomplish here, but what you're doing isn't very smart. Just open the door and let us go," Aleta finally spoke.

Murphy laughed bitterly, "Why? So your boyfriend can kill me? Not gonna happen." Aleta ignored the fact that he called Bellamy her boyfriend and spoke again. "Bellamy's not going to kill you. He's not that kind of person," she said. She wasn't sure she believed her own words seeing as the man was fully willing able to torture a man and threatened to kill him. But threatening to do something and actually doing it are two different things. He laughed again, "Well, you clearly don't know Bellamy." Aleta's eyes narrowed, "I know him better than you."