eleven

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

Aleta awoke from her slumber with a start. Her heart was beating rapidly in her chest and she could feel it pumping against her ribcage. She groaned as she turned on her side and tiredly sat up. She hadn't gotten a good night's rest since she found out that the 100 were sent to the ground. Sleeping in this foreign place was even more difficult.

She rubbed her tired eyes and shakily stood. She walked to the entrance of the dropship and peered out into the darkness of the night. There was a group of people huddled together and picking up weapons. Aleta stepped outside of the dropship and walked over to Clarke. "Hey. What's going on?" She asked. The blonde jumped at the sound of her voice but relaxed when she saw who it is.

"Octavia's missing," Clarke answered. Aleta frowned, she hadn't seen Octavia in such a long time. Worry started to settle into her. "We're going out to look for her," Clarke continued. "I'm going with you," Aleta quickly interjected and Clarke shook her head. "No, you're not. You're going to go back into that dropship and rest," Clarke said.

"I need to help," Aleta said. "You need to sleep," Clarke countered. The dark haired girl glared at her friend. "I can't sleep, Clarke. I haven't really been able to for a while. So if I go back into that dropship, I'll just lie awake all night long," Aleta replied and Clarke sighed. "I'm really worried about you, Aleta," the blonde said. "I'm fine, Clarke," Aleta dismissed. "But you're not. You could have a concussion and, and some other kind of disease..." Clarke trailed off.

"Disease? Clarke, I'm fine," Aleta stressed. "You were bleeding black blood or whatever that was. That's not normal, Aleta! Have you always bled like that?" Clarke countered and Aleta shrugged. "I don't know, maybe," she replied. "You don't know? How do you not know something like that?" The blonde inquired.

"Because I don't, Clarke. I don't remember. I don't remember ever bleeding much as a kid, I was always careful. Didn't want to get in trouble for being too rowdy and scraping my knee or something. Why are you worrying about this right now when Octavia is missing? I'm fine," Aleta responded.

"What's going on?" A deep voice questioned from behind them. Aleta tried not to roll her eyes as she recognized his voice. She turned toward Bellamy and frowned. "Clarke says Octavia's missing. I'm gonna help find her," Aleta answered simply and Bellamy immediately shakes his head. "No. No you're not. You're hurt. You need rest. And, we don't know what's wrong with you," he said.

"What's wrong with me?" She questioned in confusion. "A couple of hours ago, you were bleeding black goo. You could have a virus or something. You could be sick," Bellamy said. He wasn't wrong, there very well could be something wrong with her. "I don't feel sick," she informed and he scoffed. "Doesn't mean you're not," he retorted.

"Do you know of any virus or disease that changes the color of someone's blood? One that could have actually manifested on the Ark?" She questioned. He only looked at her. She looked at Clarke. "This could be something new," the blonde said. "Or it could be nothing at all," Aleta countered. She looked between the two.