nineteen

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

Aleta stumbled slightly as Clarke continued to drag her through the crowd of teenagers. "Why are we finding Bellamy?" She asked. "Because we'll need him," the blonde said. "For what?" The brunette questioned. Clarke stopped and Aleta almost ran into her back.

"Were you not paying attention to the conversation that we were having with Finn?" Clarke asked. "Uh, some of it. But I got distracted," Aleta answered. "By what?" Clarke asks. Aleta looked down at the ground. "My hands," she admitted in embarrassment. Clarke shook her head, a smile tugging at her lips. "Come on, I'll fill you in on the way," the blonde said.

The two continued walking until they spotted the person that they were looking for. "Hey. I need to talk to you," Clarke said as they got closer to him. "Having fun yet, princess?" He asked the blonde. "I'm serious," Clarke said and the two stopped walking. "You always are, so talk," Bellamy replied.

"Finn's set up a meeting with the grounders. We're leaving to go talk to them," Clarke explained, gesturing to herself and Aleta. "Because you think that impaling people on spears is code for 'let's be friends'? Have you lost your damn mind?" Bellamy began before turning to Aleta. "And you, you're drunk," he accused, pointing a finger at her.

"She's fine," Clarke dismissed. "Yeah, what she said," Aleta muttered. Bellamy gave Clarke a look of annoyance before giving Aleta a look of disbelief. "Not too long ago, you were stumbling around camp and talking about a secret mission. You think that's fine?" He said. "Well, I'm fine now. Kinda," Aleta responded. Clarke got back to the topic at hand. "Look, I think it might be worth a shot. I mean, we do have to live with these people," she said.

"They'll probably gut you, string you up as a warning," Bellamy stated, looking between the two girls. Clarke nudged Aleta who sighed. "That's kinda why we're here. Come with us. Be our backup, since you're so worried," Aleta said and Clarke nodded. "Does Finn know about this?" He asked. "Finn doesn't need to know. And Bellamy, bring guns," Clarke said. The boy nodded and the two girls walked in the opposite direction of him.

••••

"Look guys. Maybe I shouldn't be walking through the woods to my possible death. I mean, I know I said I was fine but I did drink. So maybe my cognitive functions aren't up to par at the moment," Aleta said as the three made their way to the meeting place.

Clarke had just finished looking over Finn's wound and Aleta was already tired of walking. "You seem fine to me," Finn commented in slight annoyance. "You know Finn, you're an ass," Aleta retorted, "I could stumble into oblivion and you wouldn't even care."

"Well if you keep talking, I definitely wouldn't," he replied. "And here I thought we were friends," she muttered. "You haven't really been all that friendly to me lately," he responded. Aleta scowled at him, "And why do you think that is?" Finn didn't say anything and Aleta scoffed. "Raven deserves someone a lot better than you." Finn stopped in his tracks and looked at her as she continued walking. "What did you just say?" He questioned. Aleta slowed to a stop and turned to him. "You heard me," she nonchalantly replied.