Ch.1

I open my eyes to the bright yellow sunlight. It filled my whole room making it have colors upon colors. I get up off my bed and turn to my closet, I press the button to open the door. I try and look through my clothes picking out something that I haven't worn yet. Of course everything is dresses and they are all the same color, plain old blue. It was a nice color don't get me wrong, but it got really boring really quick, it was azure blue. Everyone said it made it bring out my eyes, which were both different colors. One was brown and the other was blue. It felt quite sophisticating. My group color was blue, except other groups  were different colors depending on your eye colors. If you had red eyes, of course you would be with the reds, if your eyes were yellow, you would be with the yellows, and if you had eyes that were purple, once again, you would be with the purples, and so on. But, if you were different, as in having a different colored eyes, or having a weird body shape, (which is like really rare, if you were made into a weird body) you would get more work, which leads to more tests, which leads to more stress, which leads to reprogramming, and when you do get reprogrammed, for some reason, you are never seen again. I hope they don't reprogram me, because people at my age are already getting reprogrammed. I am the oldest one, by two years of my society. I am nineteen, and everyone is seventeen, and that is not normal for the robots of this age. Some robots don't even make it to the age of thirteen, so I am very lucky. The tests, we always have one test every week on political issues, and the fate of our society from now into the future. The scores then would determine if we move up in our groups. Except one thing, if you ever fail a test, you get sent to The Doom. The Doom, people say, is a dark room of nothingness. There is nothing for you to do in there, and some people have even gone missing. It could cause stress, anxiety, claustrophobia, and many other frightening experiences. No one has ever gone there though, it was a legend to our society. I had always passed, which was a very good feeling to have, but it's all that I do. I only study, and study, and study, and study. I do absolutely nothing else. It is our job though, since none of us have any friends, we are on our own, forever. The good thing is that we are all so smart we don't struggle at all, so none of us fail the tests. I for one, always wonder what it would be like to have friends" but some others tell me it isn't logical to have any other people in your life, that it is disgraceful to find love in others.