Sadavah Festival

Akame POV

I had cried myself to sleep that night and soon found myself in the desert once again. I guess I'm gonna dream every time we get a new teigu. This time both Mine and Sheele were here. I run to them and hugged Mine. I had missed her so much.

"Whoa! Akame? Where am I?"

"Your back and that's all that matters"

"Reunited already?" Traveler had arrived as well. "You must be Mine. Glad to be of service"

"Um Akame? Who the heck is this guy?"

"This guy...is helping Akame be reunited with the Night Raid group"

"Well FYI, I don't really care. So where's everyone else?"

"We haven't recovered them yet" says Akame.

"Recovered them? What they went missing or something?"

"Sort of. You see we found a part of Pumpkin and now we have to find the others"

"Okay, I guess I get it. So what are we doing in a middle of a desert?"

"We're going to need your help with that thing" Akame says pointing to the monster.

"That!?" I look to the monster and surprised myself. The monster had changed. It had a more animal like shape and walk on all fours. "I..think"

"You think!?"

"It changed. This wasn't the one me and Sheele had faced before"

"Well whatever. A monster or beast is a monster or beast. Let's kill it." Sheele and I nod in agreement. Mine attracts it's attention by firing a few shots at it. It turns to Mine and charges at her. Mine waits until it was only a few away. Then she fires a powerful shot and knocks it back. Sheele and I strike it's chest. It roars in pain and began to retreat.

"That should be it"

"Akame! Look out!" Sheele calls out to me. I turn to see the beast charging at me. I tried to move away but my leg became frozen. I felt an unnerving fear, paralyzing me.

"Akame move!" Mine yells out. I couldn't talk or even move. This is it the end of me. I struggle to move a muscle. At least I die with a fight. The beast grew dangerously close when suddenly-

*GONG!!!* The song of a bell rings through the desert. I cover my ears while I look to the source. Traveler was in between me and the beast with a large circle shield. It resonated with the sound of a clock tower bell. The beast runs away scared of the noise.

"Are you alright Akame?" Traveler says putting out his hand. The sun above created an aura around him. I take his hand and pick myself up. I got so scared my legs had given out.

"Traveler...thank you"

"No need. I did say I'll be by your side didn't I?" He smiles sending my heart pounding. We walk back to Sheele and Mine.

"What were you doing? You almost got yourself killed!" Mine yells sounding very angry.

"Mine giver her a break. She's been through a lot" Sheele interjects.

"Hmph fine but, you better be careful next time"

"Yes I will"

"Now's that over with, time to wake up. We have a special day in store"

"Wait a special day?"

"You'll see" 

The dream began to fade as I awaken to the new day. Sunlight peeked from the closed window. Traveler was still asleep. He would usually be awake at this time. I notice an orange book Traveler had the first time we met. It was left on the night stand beside him. I carefully tiptoe to it and take a look inside. I flip through the pages. It had stories of other worlds and things I had never heard of. Space ships, soul reaper, ninjas and many other things. I continue to flip through it when I noticed a section named Akame. I begin to quickly read through it.