Prologue

No Pov

A vast desert, no city in site for miles. A light breeze picks up sand and carries it along, planning to strike any unwary travelers. Most deserts are left undisturbed for their dreary conditions and are usually very difficult to tread, though this one may not be so. A girl, with long silken black hair, treads this desert. Wearing only a black uniform and a sword hilted to her waist, one can tell she was quite skilled by just looking at her face. She treks the desert unwary of a strange character following behind; clad with clothing that covered most of his feature; and of the four assassins ahead.

"The weight of the souls have become too heavy for a normal person to carry" the girl narrates in her mind.  "I must keep going, I must move forward. Even if I must kill and add more souls to my burden.." She soon gains sight of the assassins.  "I must carry it on, for it is my burden to carry." With a battle cry she attacks the assassins. The strange character watches as the event plays out. The assassins were clearly out matched, even if they were four to one. The girl's speed was her strength and using it she quickly slashed at the assassins. The cuts were not deadly enough to kill but, soon curse-marks spread from the wounds killing the assassins inside out.

"Thus the special ability..or curse of the Murasame" the character says to himself. He seemed very amused and frightened at the sight. Looking past the fight, he spots the assassins' camp. With a plan in mind he heads off. The girl was soon finished with the assassins, either deeply wounding them or letting the curse finish them off.

"More souls to carry. I wish you rather have not fought me." The girl continues her trek, as if nothing had happened. She soon approaches the assassins' camp where she finds the mysterious character. "So you must be the leader of the assassins"

"What if I was?"

"You must be ended. Or else you'll call for more reinforcements." The girl readies her sword in an attack position. The character stands still, not defending himself in anyway. The girl charges forward and plunges Murasame into the heart of the supposed leader. "Cocky fellow, it's a pity you'll have to join the crying souls of the dead"

"Sadly, that may not be the case"

"What?!"

"Sleep now and leave this world behind" the strange character says waving a strange cane over her face. "Very sorry for doing this but, it is for the best." He carries the girl into the camp and lays her onto a cot. He steps out and stands on the flag point of one tent and begins to meditate.
The mysterious character puts the girl under a sleeping spell claiming it is for the best.

What is his plan?

Who is the girl?

Who or what is he?

Questions only the future can tell.