Baijtsun Festival

Traveler's POV

I have never seen Akame this ecstatic before. Well other than the time we confessed our love for each other, she seemed more...vibrant. I guess the journey has really changed her a lot.

"Traveler come on. We don't want to miss our chance!" Akame calls me out of my daze. We were halfway up the stairs to the Great Sakura Temple.

"Right behind you!" I call back to her. A few minutes later I reached the top. Akame was waiting.

"Your so slow" she teases.

"Well I don't have your speed now do I?" She giggles and pulls me by the hand. "Slow down. We're not gonna miss it. They're not gonna start the burning till sun down"

"I know, I just..want to be on the safe side you know?" I chuckle and place my hand on her side. She was well known for speed and agility. Even known for her one shot strikes. I guess it does carry on into her normal life. A few minutes later we reached the top of the temple. Tables were set with small blank letter tags.

"Ah just in time" the table manager tells us. "We're just accepting last minute tag submissions"

"See I told you we almost missed it" Akame teases. The table manager hands us to blank tags.

"Write a wish you like to be answered and we will add them to the burning stacks" he explains. Akame takes an ink brush and begins to write in a cryptic lettering. She finishes it with symbol that kinda looks like sword. "Hey Akame, this is kinda embarrassing but can you help me write this out?"

"You don't know- oh right. Here I'll write it for you"

"Thanks. Uh let's see. I wish to live a life with you. A beautiful love life." I notice Akame blush. "I also wish to help you find your team's teigus and get them reunited once more." Akame finishes writing and draws a little heart at the bottom of the tag. She snuggles close to me.

"Your so kind. I hope your wish comes true"

"I'm sure it will" I say nudging her shoulder. We hand our tags to the table manager.

"Many thanks. We will begin the burning by the lighting of the fireworks tonight. Hope you join us" the table manager says with a bow. We bow in respect before heading back down the temple stairs.

"Hey Akame, since it's the Sekun Festival, shouldn't we dress for the occasion?" I ask her.

"Only if you dress with me. You missed out a lot back in Sadavah"

"Sure, sure. Maybe we'll both be kidnapped for our Baijtian get-up" I joke. Akame flicks me on the forehead. "Ow, what was that for? I was only kidding"

"I still haven't forgiven you for the slave trade incident"

"Wha- but I thought we cleared it off?"

"Nope" I lie. "Now you get to suffer too" she teases.

"Oh come now. I'll buy you some rose jam tarts if you forgive me"

"Well..."

"With a bit of sugar on top?" I ask with my best puppy eyes. Akame giggles.

"Fine, I forgive you." I did a quick cheer and grabbed Akame's hand.

"We better get going, don't want to miss out on the celebration. Like someone I know." Akame rubs that back of her neck and sticks out her tongue in annoyance. She knew I was talking about her. We headed back into the market and to our luck, one linen store was still open.

"Ah Welcome, welcome. Looking for Baijtsun clothing? Right I am." Mr. Shu, the shop owner was very energetic to see some final customers before the festival. "Let's see for the drayden, black with gold trim and you ladesille, pink with purple bow." He goes into the back of his shop to pick out the sets.