Lubbock/Cross Tail

Traveler POV

A side effect of using the Dream Cane is I become insomniac. Well sort of. I won't be able to sleep for the whole night but, by morning I will still have the energy as if I had slept the whole night. It's a strange living but, it somehow works for the best. With another piece of Night Raid in hand meant another visit to Akame's dream. Memoria had kinda learned the gist so it was prepared when I awoken in the middle of the night.

"Heh, already got the hang of it ay?" Memoria urged me to begin the travel. "Fine, fine. Memoria Cane." Memoria transform into the cane. "Sleep now and leave this world behind." The world begins to warp as I enter Akame's desert world.

"Is this your boyfriend now? He's quite the looker" a new voice says aloud. I look up to see the blonde buxom known as Leone.

"B-boyfriend?" Mine and Sheele ask in shock.

"Um, bad timing? Heh" I ask nervously. Akame explains to them the situation. Her face was quite red from embarrassment.

"So in short we're rejoining the old gang again in this dream world thing to help Akame face her depression-sadness monster thing?"

"A crude way of saying it but, yes. You managed to sum it up"

"So where is this monster thing?" A loud roar answers the question. We all turn to see the smoke monster in a large bear-like danger beast form. It's teeth and claws seemed be made of crystallized ash. A skull piece adorned it's head while crystallized ash made up armor-like scales on it's chest.

"Ho hoh! Now this is a fight I've been waiting for" Leone says cracking her knuckles in Lionel form. Lionel charges and tackles the bear down. She begins to barrage the bear with punch after punch, not letting get a chance to retaliate. With one more hay maker she sends the bear flying backwards.

"There. Problem solved" Leone says dusting her hands off. Everyone just stares at the quick work Leone had done. "What? Too much?"

"You just did all the work for us!" Mine exclaims sounding a bit excited.

"Is that bad? Cause it doesn't sound like it"

"It's good. Though I have a bad feeling" says Sheele.

"What? Leone beat that thing to a pulp! I doubt it'll-"

Raaaaawr!!!

Mine's words were cut short by a terrifying roar.

"Still wants play ay? Such a strong little bugger" Leone taunts.

"Don't underestimate this thing. We don't know what it is capable of" I tell Leone. We back into a circle, ready to attack at any angle. I had Memoria transform into a katana for long range attacking. I surveyed the area ready to see where the bear would attack. I should have been looking at the ground. The bear had stretched it's arm and caught me by the leg.

"Shoot!" I yell out as it dragged me along the sand.

"Traveler!" I hear Akame yell out in fear. The bear dragged me to it and absorbed me...or something like that. I was inside of it. It's body was indeed smoke-like so breathing was difficult. My senses were smothered by the smoke, leaving the outside world unknown to me.

"Death...Pain..." The voices of the beast pound into my head. "Love...Pathetic...Lie...Dead." 

Love? Lie? What did it mean by that?

Traveler!" I hear a voice call out to me. "Traveler!, Traveler! You in there?!" More voices pour in from the outside world.

"Love..End..Pain.." Dammit it's still not helping me. Something flashes in my face. A memory of some sort. Akame was holding Tatsumi's body. He had used the last of his strength to protect the city from total annihilation. His corpse half fused with Incursio. This was an event..that happened mere moments from the final battle with Esdeath. Why..why was I seeing this?