Winter Formal

You were sitting on the bleachers at the winter formal. You were here with Hannah and Jessica but they left to be with clay and Justin. You were drinking the red punch that the school provided, although it wasn't very good. Your thoughts were interrupted by a bleach blonde guy sitting next to you. "'Mind if I sit here?" His voice says over the music that was echoing through the school gym. "Seeing you are already sitting... sure." You said laughing as he joined. There was a small silence before he speaks again. "Why are you sitting by yourself?" "My friends ditched me to hang out with their boyfriends." You say rolling your eyes. "And where is your boyfriend?" He asks. "I don't have one." You said looking away. "Oh I just thought a girl as beautiful as you would have the boys all over her." You just laughed at the thought of him saying that. "I'm Alex by the way." "I know.. we have English together." "I know.. I just thought you never noticed me." He says looking down at the floor. "Oh I've noticed you." You say taking another sip of your punch. you hear the song change to a slow song. "Oh my god I love this song." You say excited. "Really? Mine too." "Seriously? I wouldn't have thought you listened to this kind of music." You say smiling. "Wanna dance?" He says holding his hand out. "sure why not." You say grabbing his hand. He leads you out to the middle of the dance floor. He puts his hands on your waist as you put your arm around his neck. You both sway back and forth to the music. "Did anyone tell you that you look really pretty tonight?" He says looking into your eyes. "Nope you would be the first." You say blushing. He looking into your eyes then at your lips. He does this several times before you get the memo. You both start leaning in. Right when you were about to kiss the song changed to an upbeat song and everyone starts jumping and dancing around. You both release each other from your hold. You hear your name being called and turn around to see Hannah. "y/n we gotta go Jessica got drunk outside and we gotta take her home before she gets too crazy." She yells. "Okay Okay I'm coming." You turn to Alex. "Thank you for tonight." You place a kiss on his lips and he kisses back. It felt like the kiss lasted forever. Like you were the only people in the world. When you pull away you see Alex with the biggest smile on his face. "Wow." Was all he was able to say. You laugh and bite your lip. "Bye" you whisper to Alex as you run away with Hannah. "Bye" Alex whispers as soon as you were out the door.