Never Again

After Hannah's death Alex wasn't himself. I know that he was one of her best friends, but how much time did he need? It's been a year and he's still torn up about it. After her death Alex pushed me away, he stopped speaking to me, stopped calling and texting me, he wouldn't even look at me in the halls. It's like he all of a sudden was a totally different person. He would get into many fights over the stupidest things and he was always getting in trouble with the principle. This wasn't the Alex that I knew.

"Hey y/n are you coming to Bryce's party tonight?" Justin asks as you make your way to your locker. "Probably not.. I'm really busy tonight." You lied.
"Like what?" He says raising his eyebrows. "Like...stuff" "okay fine loser stay home... but if you change your mind I can give you a ride." He says walking off. You caught a glimpse of Alex out of the corner of your eye. This might be the only chance to talk to him so you made your way over to his locker. "Hey Alex." "Oh hey y/n." He says putting his books in his locker. "Are you going to Bryce's party tonight?" You say. "Umm no thanks I don't really hang around rapist." He said slamming his locker and looking at you. "I wasn't really plan on going either... maybe we could hang out tonight... since the rest of the school is going..." he was silent. "I mean only if you want to!" You added before he let out a big sigh. "Why are you so nice to me?" He says. Tears forming in his eyes. "Because you were my best friend and I'm not really sure why you shut me out.. but I want back in.. Alex I can't loose you like I lost Hannah! I have no one." You say trying your best not to break down crying. "I'm so sorry y/n I never meant to hurt you... believe me when I tell you that I care about you... I only shut you out because I didn't want you to get hurt... I knew jay if you stayed in my life that you would get hurt. I love you y/n and I only wanted the best for you. I'm sorry I stopped being your friend, I just thought you would be better off without me." He cries. You pull him into a hug and you stay like that for what seemed like hours. "The only thing that hurt me was when you left me..." you say as he hugs you tighter.
"I promise I will never ever leave you again!"