Chapter 7.

*unedited.*

"I want a divorce. I have had enough! I can't live with a cruel, cold hearted caveman anymore!" I yelled and he just kept staring at me with wide eyes, before falling into a fit of laughter.

"Do you think I will give you a divorce?." He asked with amusement in his eyes. "Even if I could, I wouldn't!." He said then and walked past me,

"Yes, how could you leave an opportunity to have half of my company so easily." I said and my words stopped him, I could feel his body get tensed, "what? Cat got your tongue?." I asked and he turned around,

"Who told you about it?." He asked and this time I was the one laughing now.

"It doesn't matter, what matter is how selfish and greedy you are. I am glad I am not pregnant yet and even if I was. I would have had an abortion than giving birth to a baby to fulfill your greed." I yelled at him and he turned around with blood in his eyes.

"I am not greedy." He replied with gritted teeth,

"How could you? And here I thought I was married but now I get what a sham our marriage is." I yelled at him again and he just kept glaring at me, "You have fooled me enough, not anymore. I can't live with you anymore, apart from your contract with my father. I want to live my life now. I am not happy with you. I tried for 6 months, I literally tried adjusting but I have failed. I can't live like a wench anymore." I replied dropping on the bed and letting the emotions out,

After a few minutes of silence I spoke again. "Please Brandon, this is the first and last favor I want from you, let me go. Free me." I whispered looking in his eyes and he just kept staring. He looked like he was in some kind of trance. "Please..." I whispered again and this time he dropped beside me,

"I can't and I won't." He said and looked away,

"why will you not?." I asked him, my anger totally converted into sadness.

"because I don't want to. now can we change this topic and never bring it up?." he said standing up and I couldn't do anything other than sob.

"I thought after hurting me in so many ways, you would let me go without making such fuss a about it." I looked down and he just walked around and slipped into the bed, leaving me to cry the entire night.

xxxxxxxxxx

"I am so happy he's finally here." Stacey said hugging her husband Ryan tightly, seeing them together so happy and in love made my heart ache a bit. But the other part was happy for her. After three long months they were finally together.

"I hope Lizzie has taken your care properly." Ryan said kissing the top of Stacey's head.

"Of course she has. Do you think she would have been alive if she didn't?." She asked and Ryan chuckled in return. I don't think I could laugh so I just smiled in return. It was already dinner time and Stacey had prepared so many dishes for Ryan. We immediately went to the dining table and started eating while chatting.

"So how have you been Lizzie?." Ryan's question brought me out my depressed thoughts. "Hmm.. good.. it's been good." I said and looked at my plate. "You look weak though." He said and I looked at Stacey, she shrugged.

"Was just sick, you know cold due to the weather and nothing else." Gladly that conversation ended there. After diner Ryan went to bed and I helped Stacey clean the table.

"Stace." I called her out as she was washing the last dish. She looked up, "can I... can I.. stay the night?." I asked and she looked at me with a weird expression on her face so looked away. "Of course but-."

"Don't ask. Please.. I can't... explain." She sighed and nodded. Before patting my shoulder and leaving.

xxxxxxxxxx

"Do not cross the line Brandon!." I rubbed my eyes as I heard Stacey's voice and stood up from my bed.

"Get out of my way!." I heard Brandon yell as I wore my robe and rushed out of my room. A furious Brandon and a pregnant Stacey were glaring at each other as I stepped out. As soon as they heard the door close. They looked at me. "Elizabeth. Come, we have to go home." Brandon said taking my hand.

"Lizzie is not going anywhere." Stacey said touching my other hand.

"Tell her to back before I do something that I shouldn't." Brandon said looking at me.

"Something like what? Slap me like you did to Lizzie?." Stacey yelled at him and Brandon froze, I touched his arm and he relaxed,

"think before you speak." He yelled back and she glared back, "I am not scared of you." She yelled and suddenly there was another presence here,

"What's happening?." Ryan said through sleepy eyes. "Throw him out." Stacey said to Ryan as soon as he appeared, Brandon was about to speak something but I stopped him. "It's nothing Ryan, we were just leaving and Stacey doesn't want me too." I said and pleaded Stacey to keep her mouth shut with my eyes. "We'll see you guys soon." I kissed Stacey's cheek and took Brandon's hand and dragging him with me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Short chapter, I know.
I'll make the next long.
-laila James.