Part 27

"39 hours 15 minutes. 2 days 2:15 pm. Team 7. All members and scrolls accounted for."

The computer screen printed. 

"Impressive" The Hokage voiced while smoking on a relaxing herb through his pipe.

"Sir" Kakashi replied standing tall in front of his superior.

"I didn't expect such an outcome. They are far better than what I thought they'd be and came second in the exam" The older male continued, still looking down at team 7's exam report.

The man was amazed, only the prodigy teams ever took this little time to complete the second phase and it seemed the older man had to start thinking of them as such.

"You expected lower than my best, Lord Hokage?" Kakashi questioned, a determined look in his eye.

"No, no. I simply didn't know your best could give me genin turned prodigy's. You know there's only supposed to be one prodigy per generation. Not three" The old man assured with a laugh while sitting back into his chair and staring at the jounin with a kind smile.

"They are prodigy's, sir. In their own way" Kakashi smirked. 

The old man leaned forward and used a telescope technique to look through a small crystal ball that let him see a person nowhere near him. Though there was a catch to this technique, the user had to know said person's chakra pattern. Of course, the Hokage knew the genin's patterns and looked upon them through the ball. 

---

"Thank you" Sakura said and walked away from a bored and uninterested proctor. 

Sasuke and Naruto leaned against a wall in the tower placed in the middle of the forest of death.

"Well?" Naruto questioned and pushed himself up while Sasuke stayed leaning as the seal continued to weaken him.

"We aren't allowed to leave the tower and will have to wait till after the exam to speak with Sensei." Sakura calmly stated. She was no happier about the situation than they were but these were the rules and who would believe them if they said they encountered one of the Sannin in a genin exam?

"What?!" Naruto bellowed, clenching his fists.

"Calm down To. Clearly, Ra has a plan" Sasuke voiced. His eyes were shut and sweat ran down his forehead, though the pain and the sweating have decreased considerably since their time in the cave.

"Tch" Naruto grumbled but looked to the pinkette.

Sakura smiled softly at the blonde, sending him silent comfort.

"We may not be able to reach Kakashi-Sensei ourselves but what if he comes to us?" The girl proposed, smirking as she pulled out a small whistle.

Naruto and Sasuke stepped forward, instantly recognizing the object as they pulled their's out as well and grinned.

The whistle Kakashi-Sensei had given them at the start of their training in the forest of death if they should desperately need him. They were still in the forest of death so the whistle was technically still available for use.

"Not a bad plan but how will he hear it? who knows where he is" Sasuke questioned.

"We'll sound them together but it'll have to be at the top of the tower where the forest won't keep the sound in. Kakashi-Sensei's senses are like a dog's, he'll be able to hear it even from outside the village" Sakura said and moved to the spiral staircase that leads to the top.

"Halt!" A guard yelled and ran over to them. The trio glanced at each other, confused.

"No one is allowed past this point." The guard said, his scarred face scowling down at them.