49

Blake's POV

I spent the night with Azaana in her hospital room. Word already got out about us in the hospital. Doc understood what we're going through so he gave me a few days off. Azaana has been trying to stay strong, but she has her moments where she breaks. I for one can't stop crying. We get discharged from here tomorrow. I think going home would be good for us. We need this.

••••

I held Azaana's hands as we walked through the door to the house. Paparazzi have been following us every since we left the hospital. We just want to lay down for the rest of the day.

Azaana and I were laying in our bed. She was so quiet. She's been so quiet every since the incident. I wish I could just snap my fingers and go back to happy times, because when Azaana is quiet she's really screaming her lungs out on the inside. I saw a few tears stream down her face. I wrapped my arm around her, pulling her in closer.

B: You okay?

A: Yes.. No.. I don't know.

B: We'll get through this okay? I promise.

She nodded and shut her eyes. The door knocked and at first I wasn't going to get it, but Azaana started getting up. I laid her back down and went to get the door. When I opened it, disgust was what I felt.

B: Not today Brynn.

Br: I'm not here to start any problems, I just wanna check on Azaana.

B: No.

Br: Please I promise I won't do anything.

After staring her down I let her in. I followed behind her as she walked up the steps into the bedroom. When we reached the door Brynn stopped. She looked at Azaana with so much sympathy. She walked over to her and sat on the bed. She rubbed her back and wiped her tears. Azaana opened her eyes to see Brynn. She didn't really shocked.

A: Please not today Brynn.

Br: I'm not here to fight, just to help honey.

Brynn talked low with sympathy, I've never seen her act like this before. As I watched them Camryn and DJ came running up the stairs. They stopped and looked confused at seeing Brynn comforting Azaana. They looked at me and I just shrugged. They walked over to the bed and sat surrounding Z. The plan was to be just me and her today but I can't be mad that people care about her.

DJ really lightened up the mood. He made jokes trying to cheer everyone up. I'm glad he did because it was getting too sad in here. He got up and tapped my shoulder signaling me to talk to him. I nodded and followed.

D: How you holdin up bro?

B: Not good. I can't stop crying.

D: That's alright man, I would too. But what's up with Brynn being Mother Teresa all of a sudden?

B: I don't even know, I thought she was coming to start problems.

D: Doesn't she like hate Azaana with a passion?

B: Shit I thought she did.

D: Yeah you gotta ask her about that.

B: Will do.

Camryn and Brynn interrupted.

C: Blake! Azaana is coughing up blood!

I sprinted past them, up the stairs. She was in the bathroom with a tissue over her mouth on the floor. I dropped on my knees and rubbed her back. I didn't know what to do other than soothe her.

A: I'm fine.

She managed to get out.

B: Baby no you aren't, we have to go back to the hospital.

A: No, it's ok. I'm fine.

I pulled her head into my chest. I ran my fingers threw her hair. I looked at the door and saw Camryn, Brynn, and DJ on the verge of tears. Camryn for one was bawling. I looked at DJ sending him a mental message. He nodded understanding everyone should go.

DJ: Come on ladies, time to go.

Everyone turned and walked out.

A: I'm sorry.

B: What? For what?

A: Putting this all on you. I lost our baby. And now I'm this burden that you're taking care of.

B: Seriously don't ever say something like that again.

A: What?

B: It's not your fault we lost our baby. And you could never be a burden.

A: But what about our wedding?

B: We'll still have our wedding. It'll be a dream wedding.

A: That's honestly my dying wish.

B: Can we not talk about death right now?

A: Well we're gonna have to talk about it sooner or later. Things already aren't looking good for me. Now if I die, you can get married and date any girl, EXCEPT Brynn. That women is crazy but I can honestly say she is a great mother. If she actually changes though then there's an exception. I want to be cremated, who the hell wants to be trapped in a box for eternity. And I defiantly don't wanna come back as a zombie. You know how I am about my skin. At my funeral make sure they play happy music. Make sure they know I'm happy where I'm going. Make it a celebration of my life and not a sad day to see me go. And one more thing. At least tell your kids about me.

B: You know it's really hard to hear you talk like this. You don't even sound scared to go.

A: That's because I know I'm right with God. I know he'll take care of me. He's given me all great things. You, my family, my friends, and the love I have for the game. He's given me all I wanted. I have no regrets. The only flaw is that I have to leave you behind. Other than that I'll be free.

A tear slipped out of my eye. I sniffled trying to hold back more. Azaana looked up at me.

A: Don't cry baby. No matter where I go, I'll always be with you. It'll take a lot to get rid of me.

She smiled. Some how even in the most shitty times her smile could brighten anyone's day.

She stood up out of my grip. She reached her hand out to me and I grabbed it. Come on let's go lay down babe.

_________________________

It's been so long... ❤️