Sponsorship

Hagrid gazed out at the animals before him and was met with the strangest feeling of guilt. Normally being around his creatures only brought about positive feelings - joy, admiration, excitement; however all he could think about was the negatives.

People didn't always feel the same way about these animals as he did. They often viewed them solely as a danger, a point of view that Hagrid despised. The animals in his care had so many important, redeeming qualities that he wished the world could see. It was true that, if threatened, they could be liable to attack back - but that wasn't a problem in most situations. However, what they were about to face would not be a normal situation. The animals would be faced with a real danger, so it seemed inevitable to Hagrid that someone would end up hurt. There was also a possibility that one of his creatures could be injured. Of course, he was just following orders, but rationally he would have to shoulder some responsibility.

He had already dealt with a similar conundrum during the last Tournament, and the last thing he wanted to do was relive that. So, he made a decision and began heading towards the castle.

***
The selected tribute may break one of the rules in the next Task. It will be specified in that chapter.

The tribute Hagrid has chosen to sponsor is...

Rayner Joseph