Chapter 47

"Breaking News! A little girl saved by a merman! This is no joke ladies and gentlemen. Now, Earlier today at the beach in front of Park Hyatt, a strange series of events occurred. It was a day like no other when all of a sudden five sharks started attacking swimmers. Reports say that everyone got out in time without injuries, however, one blind little girl nearly died when she was stranded in the water. Luckily, one tourist wasn't having it and dived in to save her. This is where things get weird." The screen changes and it turns to a video of the events in front of the hotel. "Watch these young boys conversing with one another. All of a sudden, the boy on the left takes off running to the water leaving the other boy confused. Seconds after he dives under, the sharks head after something else. Notice how this boy never pops up from under the water. Three minutes after the boy goes in, he reappears at the girl's side. He grabs her and swims towards the shore as the Sharks close in. Now here is the interesting part. Watch what happens now." The video plays on and shows everything , him flying out with the girl in his arms, his tail , the sharks, everything. "Look at that! A real merman miracle if you ask me. Now, let's move over to July and David for the talk of the hour." The screen changes to two people in cozy looking chairs sitting across from a man in a lab coat.

"That's so amazing." The man, David, says.

"I'd be scared to death if I saw sharks like that." July admits to her male co-worker. "Anyways we are here with Dr. Sheldon to discuss this phenomenon. He is with the research team in charge of studying the five sharks they recovered on the coast." The lady turns to the doctor with a smile. "Is there any word about the merman, as well as the sharks?" She questions. She is genuinely curious about this upcoming topic. How often does one get such information?!

"Yes, there is news." He confirms.

"Now, we didn't know if this was real, but that all changed when we got ahold of the sharks. We can now confirm they are real." The scientist explains to the hosts. The two are truly fascinated. This story and event is a true beauty for their jobs.

"Amazing! And is there anything on the merman?" Dr.Sheldon's face falls.

"No, sadly there hasn't. We can't identify the teens from the video, but this would be what a realistic merman would look like, but don't worry, we are looking for him and we will get answers." Stiles quickly shuts off the TV and groans. How could he let this happen? What the hell kind of sharks were those? Why is he asking so many questions to himself?

"Don't worry Stiles, this will blow over." Scott tries to reassure his boyfriend. Stiles knows that's rubbish. "Just be glad I was able to get you out of there before anyone got too close to you." There is no way in hell scientists will look over this. As he is mentally procrastinating, a burning feeling rushes through where Scott is rubbing with a towel.

"Ow! Scott, it's dry! The only thing you're doing now is pulling off scales." Scott is trying his best to dry Stiles, but there isn't another spot that need to be dry. He doesn't understand what could be happening with his tail. There is a serious situation here. It's been more than an hour and Stiles has yet to transform back. Sooner or later, he'll start to need water to breath. His kind can only breathe air for an hour and a half while in their natural form. That must be what the hybrid is feeling.

"Then why are you still a fish?" Scott asks. Stiles' head gets light, meaning he's close to suffocating.

"I don't know..." The hybrid mutters. "I just... I need water." Scott speeds off to the bathroom and runs back with two plastic cups of water. He places them at both sides of Stiles' neck. He pours the liquid into the gills, allowing Stiles to get a short intake of air.

"Do I need to take you to the ocean or something?" The alpha asks his boyfriend. Stiles shakes his head.

"No, they probably have thousands of fishing boats out looking for me. It's not safe. Best bet is to get me in the jacuzzi." Stiles voices weakly. Scott removes the cups by placing them on the nightstand. He then leans down, grabs Stiles, and makes his way to the bathroom. His boyfriend is weak from the lack of oxygen which worries him. A fish out of water is never a good situation.