Death and the Family

Soundtrack: Bleeding Out, by Imagine Dragons

_
_
_

Who's your favorite resurrected Robin?" The Joker chimed into the camera, pointing the gun back at Jason and Damian.

Jason redoubled his efforts at picking the lock.

Almost there.

Damain looked over at him, Jason was pretty sure that that was the first time he had seen fear on the Robin's face.

He was just a kid, he didn't want to die. Jason knew the feeling.

Jason gave him a looked of reassurance and then glanced around for what he could use as a weapon when he got out. The crowbar most likely. He intended to make good on his promise to shove it up the Joker's ass.

"Make your decision, Bats. Only one of them is making it out alive." The Joker prompted.

Jason thought he saw Bruce's emotionless shell crack just a little. He hated how his pessimistic side couldn't help but wondered if it was in fear that Damain might die again. Would Bruce care if he died again? Was he going to choose?

Batman remained silent.

"Alright, if you won't then I'll have to decide for you." The Joker spoke after a moment.

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe." The clown shifted the gun between the two of them.

Jason quickly worked his makeshift lock-pick. Just a few more seconds. Damain was also working furiously to free himself.

"Catch a Robin by the toe." He sang, moving the gun back and forth with every word.

Bruce was now searching with the others. He was moving through the stadium as fast as he could, and looking for any doors that might lead to them.

Truth be told, Jason wasn't even sure they were actually at the stadium.

"It he hollers don't let him go."

Even though the three vigilantes were spread out, Jason could see all of them on the 4 split screens.

"Eeny, meeny, miny," The Joker drawled out.

With a silent click the lock opened, and Jason was free.

"Moe." The gun's aim landed on Damian.

The Joker lit up in excitement, then he pulled the trigger.

Jason didn't even have to think about what happened next, he just did it. He sprang from his chair and threw himself into the path of the bullet. It was mostly instinct, and certainly not a foreign or uncommon feat for Jason.

The thought briefly crossed his mind that he was in civilian clothing, and wasn't wearing any Kevlar. However, it all happened too fast for him to have time to care.

He felt the bullet tare into his abdomen, fiery pain exploded through him. Jason landed hard on the floor, clutching his side. Blood was spilling from the wound and already beginning to pool around him.

For a moment the world was dull and distant, his ears rang from the boom of the gun. Through the haze and the pain, he could've sworn he heard Damian scream "Jason!"

The Joker looked on in shock for a moment before bursting into haughty and hysterical laughter. From where Jason lay, he had a good view of the screen in the corner, he could see all of them. Dick had dropped to his knees, a dazed look of shock on his masked features.

Tim, he had this shattered look on his face, and he was mouthing the words "No, no, no, no, no," over and over again. Then he started pacing, and looking around, eyes taking in every possible place the Joker could have them. He was frantically yelling into his com, probably to Oracle.