Chapter Two

Author's Note: Just so you guys know I'm thankful for the reads and I plan to continue this book! I also want more comments from everyone who reads because are any of you silent readers? That like having inactive and silent followers on Instagram.

PS. Ansel Elgort is Cade Midnight.

Wyatt Cunningham
The next day Wyatt, Jack, Corey and the others were spending the day at the water park, just as planned by Ryan and Wyatt the night before.

It was hot as hell and pretty much the whole was at the water park. It was the hottest day of the summer and there have been reports of heatstrokes or hotflashes. Dylan, Brianna, Rocky, and Corey were in the wave pool, cooling off with the water and waves. Wyatt however was walking with his brother Jack.

"So mom and dad are going out of town for the rest of this month for work." Back said.

Wyatt glanced over at him, before responding. "Yeah. They'll already be gone when we get home."

The two brothers walk in silence until they find some shade from the sun and they sit down. Wyatt never really understood why their parents left every summer the same month and on the same day. He understood their jobs but why was it the same month and day every year? It just didn't feel right.

Wyatt had been staring down at the grass and he had looked up when he felt eyes burning a hole at the top of his head. He immediately locked eyes with the person who had been watching him. It was a guy. He had dark brown hair, eyes dark as midnight, and the fairest skin Wyatt had ever seen. But the minute Wyatt blinked he was gone.

Wyatt shook his head and looked around for the guy who had just been watching him. He smacked Jack's shoulder. "Did you see that?"

Jack looked up at him strangely. "See what?"

"That guy...he was right there." Wyatt said pointing at the spot the guy had been standing. "Just watching me."

Jack frowned at him confused. "There's no one there, Wyatt."

Wyatt opened his mouth to protest and Jack raised an eyebrow. He closed his mouth and sighed, crossing his arms. Wyatt knew what he saw and he knew that guy had been watching him. To be honest though, the guy had been hot. Being secretly bisexual for two years before coming out to the whole school and his family just last year, Wyatt couldn't deny that he thought the guy was hot.

Because he was and he'd be a fool not to see it. But now Wyatt was wondering just who the hell he was. And why he had been watching him.

"Wyatt?"

He didn't look at Jack as he started fiddling with his fingers. "What?"

"Who was it?" Jack asked.

Wyatt sighed. "I don't know. Just some guy. Forget about it."

Jack studied him but Wyatt ignored him completely and stood up. It would be getting dark soon and Wyatt honestly felt irritated with Jack. He just wanted to go home. He started to walk away.

"Where are you going?!" Jack demanded.

"Home." Wyatt tossed over his shoulder. "Take Ryan home later will ya?"

Wyatt didn't wait for Jack's reply and continued on to the parking lot where his car was. All of his stuff was in there, including his keys and clothes. He opened the door and hopped in, turning the car on. Wyatt just needed to be by himself right now. But the guy was still on his mind.

"Who was he?" Wyatt mumbled.

Cade Midnight
Cade watched the boy from the edge of the woods as he got into his car. He admitted that he had been watching the boy since he first saw him in Los Angeles. Following actually.

Cade had taken a liking to the boy the moment he saw him walking into a hotel with a group of friends. And he had been following him ever since. By just watching the boy he had learned almost everything about him.

His name was Wyatt Edward Cunningham and his parents were paleontologists and geologists and they were going out of town for the rest of this month. Cade also knew that Wyatt thought that there was something going on for them to go every year in the same month on the same day. Wyatt was caring and smart and outgoing but reserved.

Cade also noticed how cute he was. The short cropped blond hair, the deep brown eyes, the fair skin and his smile was irrisistable. His smile always brought a smile to his own face, and Cade didn't smile a lot.

Cade wanted to talk to the boy but he couldn't. He was a vampire for christ's sake and Wyatt would know what he was at first sight. It was a risk even going to the water park to watch him and Cade was lucky Wyatt didn't realize what he was when he spotted him.

Cade watched Wyatt drive away and disappeared into the woods the minute his car left his sight. One day. One day he'd talk to Wyatt Cunningham.