Chapter XXVI

Hazel’s Point of View

 Today, my dad was hosting a cookout for my graduation celebration the week before graduation. All though, I didn’t want one he did it anyway. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a white Monki Melissa top, black Ace of Basic leggings, with white Nike Air Force 1. My hair down straight. I had on no makeup because I feel makeup is overrated now.

 I walked downstairs and Adrian ran over to me. I picked him up and kissed all over his face. My brother was so handsome.

‘’Hey Adrian.’’ I said smiling.

 ‘’Hwey Hwazel.’’ He said. I put him on my hip and walked outside. My dad was cooking on the grill.

 ‘’Papa, Adrian was running thru the house. Where’s mama?’’ I asked.

 ‘’I don’t know, can you watch him?’’ He asked. I nodded my head and walked back inside. I walked into the living room. I sat Adrian down in his playpen. The doorbell rang and I walked to it. I opened it to see aunt Lalia, King and uncle Ty.

 ‘’Hey you guys come in.’’ I said, opening the door. They walked in and King walked into living room and sat down.

 ‘’Uncle Ty, daddy is in the back and aunt Lalia I don’t know where my mother is.’’ I said. Uncle Ty walked to the back and aunt Lalia walked into the living room. I sat down beside King.

 ‘’Doofus, what’s up?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Nothin’ much, dork head.’’ He said. I darted my eyes at him. There was a knock on the door. I got up and walked toward the door. I opened it and was greeted by a kiss. I pulled away and seen Chresanto. He picked me up by my legs and spun around. He let me go and pecked my cheek.

 ‘’Hey babygirl.’’ He said.

 ‘’Hey babe, come here so you can meet some people.’’ I said, grabbing his hand. We walked into the living room and Chresanto looked in King’s direction.

 ‘’Chresanto, this is my cousin King and my aunt Lalia. Guys, this is my boyfriend, Chresanto.’’ I said smiling.

 ‘’Cwhres!’’ Adrian shouted. Chresanto walked over to Adrian’s playpen and grabbed him from it. Adrian played with Chresanto short curls. Adrian likes Chresanto.

 ‘’Hey little man.’’ He said. He handed Adrian to my aunt and grabbed my hand. We walked into the kitchen.

 ‘’Hazel, I have some news.’’ He said.

 ‘’What’s up?’’ I asked.

 ‘’We’re going on tour for a year.’’ He said.

 ‘’I knew ever since prom night, why didn’t you tell me earlier Chresanto?’’ I asked.

 ‘’I don’t know if you would have be mad or sad.’’ He said.

 ‘’I’ll miss you though. You’ll miss my eighteenth birthday.’’ I said.

 ‘’I know babe, but I’ll skype up with you every night.’’ He said.

 ‘’You promise?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Yes, now get papi a kiss.’’ He said. I leaned in and pecked his lips. The doorbell rang. I walked out of the kitchen to the front door. I opened it and seen Marie and Prince. They walked in and I closed the door.

 ‘’Welcome, go find a seat I’ll be back.’’ I said. I walked outside to see my mother wearing an ivory/black button front top, leopard print skirt, with nude Christian Louboutin Lady Daf platform pumps. This is a casual gathering, not a formal one.

 ‘’Dad, when are we going to be ready to start?’’ I asked.

 ‘’If they want to come back here they can. You got the music?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Yeah, I’ll go get everyone.’’ I said. I walked back into the house into the living room.

 ‘’We can go back out now.’’ I said. Everybody migrated toward the back of the house. I ran my fingers thru my hair and walked outside. I grabbed King and pulled him to the DJ booth.

 ‘’You know how to do this right?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Yeah, calm down and let me do this.’’ He said. He put the headset on his head and started playing Loyal. I loved this song though. I walked over to Marie.

 ‘’I can’t believe we are about to graduate.’’ I said.

 ‘’I know, we buying an apartment together?’’ She asked.

 ‘’Yeah, I’ll need someone with me when Chresanto ain’t there.’’ I said.

 ‘’I know, but when he gets back in town, we’re getting our own apartment.’’ She said. Our boyfriends walked over to us.

 ‘’Care to dance?’’ They asked. I grabbed Chresanto hand and Marie grabbed Prince’s hand. We walked out to the middle of the crowd. We danced to Confident by Justin Bieber. We were having a good time till’ my mom decided to come dance in between us. I grabbed my phone and texted my dad.

 Me: Daddy, come and get mom. She is dancing in between me and Chresanto.

 I locked my phone and walked over to Chresanto. I grabbed his hand and walked toward the front.

 ‘’I’m sorry about her.’’ I said. He nodded and pulled me close to him. I put my head into the crook of his neck.

 ‘’I love you, ma.’’ He said. I smiled and lifted my head up. I pecked his lips and put my arms around his neck.

 ‘’I love you, Chresanto Lorenzo Romelo August.’’ I said smiling. He smiled and pecked my lips.

 ‘’Come on, let’s turn up.’’ King said. He turned on All Around The World.

 ‘’Shout out to my two little cousins, Hazel and Jas’mariee. I’m happy for you both and congratulations. Also, shout out to Roc Royal, Ray Ray and, Princeton to their tour and next album.’’ He said. We all clapped and I hugged Chresanto.

 ‘’You gon’ miss me?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Heck yeah, we’ve been together two years.’’ He said.

 ‘’You’re gonna miss our third year anniversary.’’ I said.

 ‘’I know, babe but I’ll make it up when I get back.’’ He said.

 ‘’It won’t be the same, I’ll be at the apartment eating ice cream and watching romantic movies without you.’’ I said.

 ‘’I know, but I need you to hold it down.’’ He said.

 ‘’I will, but I need to go get my degree because you know I love working with children.’’ I said.

 ‘’I know, bae. I’mma do a couple of shows here and make sure you got the tickets since you’re cool with Kesh and Walt.’’ He said.

 ‘’Alright, but I don’t want you to forget about me. Also, on graduation day, you’re going to be making with me.’’ I said.

 ‘’What are you wearing?’’ He asked.

 ‘’A white dress with my Golden Moment’s.’’ I said.

 ‘’Alright, now let’s party.’’ He said spinning me around. We had a good time and played around. I love this boy with all my heart.

What Do You Think

Leave A Comment & Vote

Multimedia: Hazel's Outfit

Daniella