Chapter XXIX

Hazel’s Point of View

 This morning everyone was going to meet us at the condo. Jas’mariee, my dad, and I were going to the office. I walked out of the bathroom and sat down on my bed. I rubbed on peach scented lotion. I got up and walked into my closet. I slipped on a mint Popular rose fade basketball jersey, grey Forever 21 lace-trimmed lounge leggings, with sonic yellow Nike KD VI. I walked into my ensuite and sat down at the vanity.

 I put on my cherry scented Carmex. I don’t like makeup now. I got up and walked into my bedroom. I grabbed my phone and walked out of my bedroom. I walked downstairs to the kitchen. I grabbed a Special K bar and a bottle of strawberry flavored water. My dad walked downstairs.

 ‘’Come on, Haze.’’ He said. I followed him out of the door to the Ferrari. I got in and closed the door. I put on my seatbelt.  He put the key into the ignition and pulled off. I turned up the radio slightly.

 ‘’Dad, is this the right thing to do?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Yes, Hazel. You are 18. You are more responsible than me at times.’’ He said. I smiled and looked out of the window. I miss Chresanto, but I gotta get this done. I want to teach Kindergarten because they are so fun and energetic. My dad pulled in front of the building. I got out of the car and walked inside. Marie was sitting down on her phone.

 ‘'Hey Marie.’’ I said sitting down beside her.

 ‘’Hey what’s up?’’ She asked.

 ‘’Nothing, I’m tired because it’s 10 in the morning.’’ I said. She nodded her head and looked down at her phone. My dad walked in and sat beside me. We all sat there on our phones. Miranda came into the room.

 ‘’Sorry for the wait, follow me.’’ She said. We got up and followed her to her office. We walked in and sat down.

 ‘’So, I’m assuming you bought your dad.’’ She said.

 ‘’Yes.’’ I said. She smiled and typed on her keyboard. She looked up and had a contact in front of me.

 ‘’Just sign and the condo is yours.’’ She said. I grabbed a pen and signed my name. She told to my dad about a few things. I sat back and zoned out. I needed to get boxes then I can pack up and leave the house.

 ‘’Hazel, let’s go. We got to go get boxes.’’ She said. I kissed my dad’s cheek and got up from the chair. We walked out of the office building to Jas’mariee’s Audi. I got in and closed the door. Marie put the keys into the ignition and pulled off.

 ‘’We officially out on our own.’’ I said.

 ‘’Yeah, Naomi was crying but I told her to visit anytime she wants.’’ She said.

 ‘’I’mma miss Adrian.’’ I said. My phone buzzed in my pocket. I grabbed it and seen Bae. I unlocked it and read the message.

 Bae: Hey.

 Me: Hi.

 I sended the message and locked my phone. I looked out of the window and sighed. I’m really want to move and live my life. Marie pulled up to Home Depot. She took the key out of the ignition and we got out. My phone buzzed in my pocket. I grabbed it and unlocked it.

 Bae: What’s wrong?

 Me: Nothing, tired but we got the condo.

 Bae: Cool, when you moving in?

 Me: Today and tomorrow.

 Bae: Facetime me when you get settled in.

 Me: Alright, babe. What you doing?

 Bae: Nothing, gotta go. Love you princess.

 Me: Love you too.

 I walked slowly behind Marie. She was placing boxes into the shopping cart. I shoved my phone back into my pocket.

 ‘’How many boxes do you need?’’ Marie asked.

 ‘’About seven.’’ I said. She nodded and grabbed some more boxes. I walked around the store, bored out of my mind. I seen Michael and a little girl. He looked up and seen me.

 ‘’Hey Hazel.’’ He said.

 ‘’Hello. Who is this cutie?’’ I asked.

 ‘’This is my baby cousin, Amayah.’’ He said.

 ‘’Hi.’’ She said.

 ‘’How old are you?’’ I asked. She held up four fingers.

 ‘’Wow, she’s pretty. How are you doing Michael?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Good. My girlfriend and I are moving in together since she’s pregnant.’’ He said.

 ‘’That’s good.’’ I said.

 ‘’How are you and your boyfriend?’’ He asked.

 ‘’We’re good. He’s on tour for a year.’’ I said.

 ‘’Oh, so how are you?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Good, getting ready for college. I’m moving into a condo near UCLA.’’ I said.

 ‘’Mikey, can you go get ice cream?’’ Amayah asked.

 ‘’Yeah, it was good seeing you.’’ He said. I smiled and walked off. Marie was at the cash register. I stood near the exit of the store.  She walked toward me and we walked out of the store to her car. She opened the trunk and put the boxes inside. She closed it and we walked toward the front. We got in and she put the key into the ignition. She pulled off.

 I looked out of the window to the sky. Somehow, I knew something great was about to happen, but I don’t know when. Marie pulled up to my house. I got out and she popped the trunk. I grabbed the boxes and closed the trunk. I walked toward the house and opened the door. I walked in and closed it behind myself.

 I walked upstairs into my bedroom. I opened the door and looked around. I sighed and sat the boxes down. This is gonna be hard but I have to do it. I first took down the Mindless Behavior posters. I rolled them up and put them on my desk. I took down the pictures of me and my friends over the years.

 I looked on my nightstand and seen a picture of Chresanto and I at the concert. We both looked so young. I put the pictures into a box. I sat down on my bed and looked around. I’m going to miss this room so much.

What Do You Think

Leave A Comment & Vote

Daniella