Meet the Alberta

Tate POV

"How many languages do you freaking speak?" I said to myself.

As Alberta and Gabe went at it in a language that they probably made up, because it seemed so odd. Unless it was Hawaiian that would make a little more sense seeing as we are in Hawaii.

"Do I want to know if you people are talking about me?"

-more weird language

"Helloooo."

-even more weird language

"Okay it's official. I'm invisible."

Alberta stopped yelling for a few seconds and closed her eyes.

"I'm sorry dear, I was just a little surprise to see monkey over here," she jabbed her thumb to his stomach cause Gabe to wince," with his mate and not a bag of salt and vinegar chips watching that television crap that eats at your brain cells."

"Alberta, it's not crap I read that 80% of castle obsessors have a better sense of observation."

"Mhm and since when do you read?"

Oh snap. My wolf chuckled. She already liked Alberta.

"I read, okay? I just prefer a visual picture."

"Ayeee. Men. All the same."

Alberta seemed to recognize I was still there, and smiled at me. Grabbing my untrimmed nails and callused hands into her small soft ones.

"My apologies Ms.?"

"It's Tate."

"Tate? Isn't that a boys name?"

"My mom chose to take the drugs when she pushed me out of her."

Alberta gave out the greatest "oh what the hell" laugh.

"I like her. You better treat this young one well, Gabriel Quincy Matthew chambers."

"Oh and if I find you two mated before you marry I will personally burn the potato chip drawer."

Gabriel's jaw dropped.

"You wouldn't."

That's when I realized, Alberta was a human.
But that wasn't allowed.

Any human who found out was executed. Unless they went through a contract that stated they knew the consequences. If they told anyone else about us they would be killed.

But she's clearly still alive, and knows about us.

"Oh I must certainly would. Now you two can get back to not mating. Okay? Okay."

With that Alberta was out the door, but it wasn't long until we heard her scream.

"Lily! How many times have I told you! Your shoes go in the bin not laying around the house for your sweet old woman to trip on."

Gabriel shook his head and smiled as he plopped back onto bed. Arms behind his head, he snuggled closer into the pillow.

"Come on. You know you want to jump on it."
He said with a smirk.

I could help the smile that rose up.

I walked toward the door, spun around, sprinted to the bed, and flew.

I landed right on the soft cozy mattress.

I loved mattresses. They are so underrated. Especially the expensive comfy ones. Worth every dollar. All 5,000 dollars.

"Someone's settling in well."

"What can I say I'm a sucker for a good cinnamon roll and a Tempur-pedic mattress."

His smile was so completely gorgeous, that it distracted me. Shouldn't I be plotting my escape, and revenge? Shouldn't I be extremely pissed for being FORCED to move.

Why wasn't I?

Because you're already falling for him?

Shit. Nah that can't be. I've only known him for what like 4 days? There is no way I could already be in love with him. And his languages. And his obsession with chips. And his abs. And- GOOD GOD WOMAN, you've gone mad.

I ammmm falling for him.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

You're kidding right? "Is it a good thing you are falling for your MATE?"

How stupid could you really be?

Be nice, okay? Just because I emptied all the skeletons in my closet doesn't mean he doesn't have some hiding in his.

"Hay Tate you okay? I lost you for a sec."

"Oh ya, ya I'm great sorry."

I'll ask him later. Maybe.

"Soooo Castle?"

How on earth could I say no to a smile like that.

"Alright let's kill some brain cells."

"Right on."

------

Gabes POV

"It's so the Brian guy! He totally killed her!"

"No no no. It's not Brian , because Brian wanted her money. He wouldn't get her money if she was dead why would he do that?"

"Because He thought he could scare her into giving the money to her, hence the rope wounds around her wrist. It was obvious he didn't mean to actually kill her."

"Nope you're wrong Tate."

"I am so right." She said with a smirk. And she was. I'd already seen this episode it was just cute to see her all worked up.

I threw a pillow at her.

"Nu-uh."

Smack.

"Ya-hu."

Smack.

"Nope."

Smack.

"Yas." She yelled jumping on the bed prepared to throw another pillow in my face.

I quickly grabbed her leg and pulled it out from under her.

She fell back into the mattress and the pillow went flying away from my beautiful face.

Straight into the lamp.

It fell with a huge crash, and shattered into pieces.

"Shit."
We both said in unison.

Alberta's gonna kill us. More specifically, my potato chips.

Abort, abort now.