Chapter 4

"We've been running for 3 weeks Tay."

"I can count Fiona." Tate bit back running a red light in their rental Nissan from Nevada. They decided ditching the Aston Martin would be a sad but necessary sacrifice to the effort of not getting caught again.

"Great I'm glad. So then you know that my bank account can't sustain us forever. Fuck I can't run away from my mate forever. I-I miss him."

"Then why did you even come with me?" Tate yelled.

"Because you idiot, I love you. I thought you needed time to process. But I didn't know it was this bad."

"What was this bad?"

"You're heart."

Tate slammed into the breaks.

"My heart?" She asked.

"I know it was damaged but this..."

Tate tried to blink through the tears she felt coming.

"I didn't realize your heart was broken. That you truly didn't want a mate."

Her vision blurred. A figure stepped in front of the car and she slammed on the breaks screaming.

"Tate Tate it's okay! Tate!" Fiona screamed shaking Tate's shoulders.

Blinking, Tate felt the liquid run down her cheeks.

Her vision cleared enough for her to see John with red eyes standing in front of the car.

"Go." Tate said quietly.

"What?"

"You want to be with him so bad. Go."

"I won't choose between you two." Fiona stayed. "Come with me please."

Tate snapped. "I said FUCKING GO FIONA."

Fiona stares in shock. Tate pointed to the door a tear streaming down her face.

Fiona jumped out of the car.

"Give me five minutes or so help me god." Fiona yelled at John.

Fuming he marched toward her. "This is bigger then you and me. Open your eyes John. I need to help her and you can't be here. Neither can Gabe." She said making eye contact with the man who's eyes were strained looking at Tate.

"Five minutes."

John growled but nodded and turned back to the sidewalk heading for some pub.

Gabe stared at the girl in the drivers seat shaking as she sobbed with her head against the steering wheel.

"Did I do that?" He asked his voice cracking.

"No. Give me five minutes." Gabe glared at her but left toward the direction of his friend.

Fiona opened the car door and sat back in her seat.