Angst

Sasuke returned home to his apartment that night clutching his phone. Should he text Naruto? Maybe a casual 'hey' or ask him something just to get him to respond. But it felt awkward. He knew that Naruto gave him his phone number just for some party details but the raven could still text him for 'work reasons', right?

Sasuke lay with his back to the couch and eyes on the ceiling. He then let out a long sigh.

"I should probably stop worrying about it.." He told himself. "Naruto has a girlfriend and he's probably straight anyw-

The raven jolted, his phone rang.

-Hey Sasuke, it's me Naruto.-

He blinked in surprise.

-What's up?- S

-Here's the party address... 3321 Konoha Drive, starts at 1pm. Remember, it's a pool party so don't come wearing ur winter jacket!- N

-haha ok. thanks- S

'What a douche response!' Sasuke nagged himself. 'I should have joked back!'

-I know you didn't really interact with anyone but how was ur first day man?- N

'I think it was pretty chill. I ran into Sai again later though...- S

-Oh really?- N

-Yeah- S

-... k have a goodnight. ttyl- N

"What?! What was that?" Sasuke blurted out. The male then narrowed his eyes. 'He just stopped talking to me after I mentioned Sai.' After tossing his phone to the side he then got up and started his nightly routine.

-

"Who are you texting" Hinata asked a certain blonde.

"Oh uh, the new guy at work." Naruto replied dismissively. "But I just ended the conversation."

"Wow, annoying guy?" She asked while raising a brow.

"Nah he seems like he'll be great but I just hate that Sai is already trying to finesse him from me." Naruto shrugged as he got into bed next to her. "I'm so done with that guy. He's always coming after me."

"Maybe Sai would leave you alone if you stopped giving him the response he wants." Hinata narrowed her eyes.

"I know but when he tries to pull shit I'm not just gonna sit there and take it- I'm going to defend myself." Naruto sighed. "He's not gonna get to Sasuke. Not while I'm there watching over him. And believe me he will try."

"Haha you talk as if he's a man you want." His girlfriend chuckled. "I've probably told that to few girls who seem to have their eye on you." She discreetly placed a hand on his thigh and started running it up to his waist.

"Yeah?" The tanned male grinned. "How about you mark me yours then?"

'God dang it, I know if I delay it, it'll turn out worse but who am I to say no to some good head right now?'

-

Sasuke awoke the next day to his alarm a bit frazzled. Had Naruto texted him after that? What if he thought that he was going to buddy up to Sai? He quickly grabbed his phone off his nightstand and turned it on.

"No messages..." The raven sighed.

'Well, I see him at work in about an hour anyway. Maybe he'll talk to me then?' Sasuke continued to glace at his phone while he showered, ate breakfast, and went about his morning. Disappointingly, his phone never went off.

Sasuke felt apprehensive while on his drive to work. He didn't know how Naruto would react when seeing him and was concerned about loosing any affinity with him. "Next time I see Sai I'll tell him to shove off." He reassured himself.

Sasuke pulled up to his new parking section and showed his new pass. After being let in, he looked for a spot. Most of the front was full but Sasuke did see some empty spaces. He decided to just park in the back. What if he took someone's spot? Though none of the spots were marked he just thought it would be better to avoid that altercation.

He made his way to the garage elevator and pushed the floor 7 lobby button. His heart was pounding a bit. 'Damn it, why am I so nervous?!' Sasuke widened his eyes and felt his cheeks heat up. 'Could this office crush really be distracting me this much?'

That's when he realized that he'd been thinking about Naruto ever since he got home yesterday.

'I'm really down bad...' Sasuke then shook his head in shame.