Explanations: Chapter 4

I hope that everyone is enjoying their days! I'm sorry about the long wait that everyone has had with this story, but I'm progressing finally! I really like Hailee Steinfeld's music. I hope that everyone enjoys this! Read on!

*****

Chapter 4:

I sat down on one of the armchairs in the living room as Natasha's brothers sat on the couch opposite me. We all watched as Natasha sat on my lap. She turned to be sideways so that she could see my face. She held her hand up toward her brothers before they could say anything against her seating decision.

"Talk." She said to me. I just smiled at her and her directness softly.

"I – My father decided to move us miles away. My mother was abducted, and my father wanted to search for her himself, but he couldn't leave me alone at home. He took me on a long trip to try to get her back. It ended within nine months when we found her body tore apart and left to nature by an unknown pack." I spoke as I looked at my hand intertwined with Natasha's. I looked at her and smiled sadly. She looked to be on the verge of tears. "I spent years asking my father to come back here, but he always said no without giving me any explanation behind it. It was only when I turned seventeen when he finally told me why we couldn't come back." I said gritting my teeth.

"What reason did he give you?" Mikal, the youngest, asked curiously.

"He told me that we couldn't come back because it was your packs that killed my mother. He told me that we couldn't come back until we could figure out how to destroy you and your packs for killing my mother." I answered honestly as my eyes lifted to look at Natasha's three brothers. Their expressions changed immediately from the hard, judgmental scowl that graced all of their faces into the shocked, disbelieving look that I'm sure that I had similarly worn when my father had first told me.

Natasha suddenly tensed up in my lap causing my eyes to immediately jump to her. She was sitting tensed and keeping her eyes downcast as I looked at her. My hand not around her back began to slowly run softly up and down her thighs. My eyes stayed locked onto her expression as she relaxed slightly from my touch.

When her eyes finally met mine, she looked slightly upset. My fingers never ceased their soft movement along her thighs. It was only upon hearing Nick's voice that the two of us turned our attention away from each other. "We didn't kill your mother. None of our pack had a hand in killing your mother. We promise you that, Roman." He stated. They looked at me, pleading with their eyes that I believe them.

My eyes jumped to Natasha. She was looking at me the same way as before again. Only now, after hearing what Nick and his brothers thought after I told them my explanation, that I can understand the look in her eyes. She believed that I would think anything like my father thought.

"I never believed any of your pack did. My mother wasn't anywhere near your pack to have been killed by anyone here. I have never blamed either of your family's packs." I spoke honestly. Looking between the three young boys and the beautiful woman on my lap, I made sure that they understood what I was saying. They all seemed to relax as they nodded their understanding. "I've kept my opinions and common sense away from my father of course. He would have locked me up immediately and refused that I go anywhere without someone watching my movements." I finished out.

"So why are you here now? Why not come sooner?" Mason, the other twin, asked curiously.

"I couldn't come sooner because my father would have figured out where I was going, and he would have found a way here sooner to attack all of you. I couldn't risk that, but now that I am no longer a teenager or a child, my father has little control over me." I explained as I looked at the three boys. They had grown exponentially since I had last seen them. They definitely the children of alphas. "Plus, I couldn't stand being away from my fiery female any longer. I missed Natasha too much to not come back." I said as I turned my attention to my mate still sitting on my lap.

Upon hearing my last statement, Natasha turned her head slightly as a deep rose blush blossomed across her face. She had definitely grown even more beautiful. She was glowing perfection at its finest. Her eyes shined as she looked at me through her lashes; a smile rising shyly onto her delicate pink lips. Her top teeth softly biting down on the corner of her bottom lip closest to me. She was a temptress as well, from the look of her last night to the look of her now sitting on my lap.

"You two are achingly and nauseatingly sweet. It makes my teeth ache." Mikal commented from his spot across from us. My eyes shot to him before a smile rose to my lips.

"Just wait until you find your mate and then we'll see how you feel. As a male wolf, you will crave to be everything your mate wants you to be and more. You will be the most love-struck fool around, unless you're an emotionless monster. We're nauseatingly sweet to you because you haven't had the chance to meet your mate yet." I informed him. Natasha's smile just widened at my words, her arms moving to hold onto me. I quickly kissed her on the shoulder that was exposed to me before I turned my attention back to her brothers. "I promise you this: when you find your mates, you will never want to be away from them, and you'll never want another male around them." I continued with a knowing smirk.

Natasha huffed from her spot on my lap. All I could do was smile up at her before kissing her shoulder lightly. Upon looking back at Mason, Nick, and Mikal, I saw that they seemed slightly uncomfortable. I couldn't help chuckling at their expressions. Natasha's soft laugh rang beside my ear as she noticed their expressions as well.

My arms wrapped tighter around her waist, pulling her further into my body. I feel of immense sparks between our skin was addicting. Before meeting Natasha, I had thought that my parents always being so glued to the hip was gross and annoying. But now as I held Natasha, I couldn't seem to be close enough to her. It was now that I understood just how my parents felt.

The smile began to slip from my face at that thought. My parents. They had been perfect together. My mother's gentle and calming aura with my father's strict and authoritative aura. They seemed like opposites from the outside, but they had actually had quite a bit in common. They were the model of what I wanted my life with my mate to look like. They were so in love, and I had always wanted that as a child.

Sparks trailed lightly across my cheek. Natasha's eyes held light concern as she looked at me. All I could do was smile, though it wasn't a very happy one. A sigh escaped me as I leant my head against Natasha's palm. Upon opening my eyes, I saw that she looked even more concerned. Her eyes glowing ever so slightly more as her instincts were starting to kick in. I could only smile again at her.

"I'm just thinking about my mom. Don't worry too much." I stated. It was her turn to sigh. I couldn't do anything to calm her worry aside from kissing her shoulder a few more times softly. "I came now because it's now that I can help your packs. I know my father's plans. I can help stop my father and my pack from destroying yours." I spoke looking at all of the siblings now.

The boys nodded. Determination covered their faces as they nodded and stood from their spots across from me. "We're going to go inform our parents, aunt, and uncle that you are here. Then we'll be back in a few days, our family party, and we'll discuss everything then." Mikal informed Natasha and I as Mason and Nick nodded in affirmation. I nodded in agreement to them before each of them said their good-byes, leaving me alone with Natasha again.

******

I am putting all of my focus on this story at this point now. I have found that my thoughts get too jumbled when I try to projects at once. I'm trying to finish this story as quickly as I can because I know how it feels to keep waiting for someone to update. I hope that all of you are still enjoying this story.

What do you think Roman's explanation will be? Who do you think killed Roman's mom (wild theories welcomed)? Why do you think Roman's father believes it was Natasha's family that killed his mate?

Have an amazing day! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I hope to have more chapters to update soon. I am trying to go as well as I can for all of you! Thank you for all of your support!

~ SoulTwinGirl