Preparations Begin: Chapter 9

*Sounds sad, but it is a beautiful song! Cut- Plumb!*

Chapter 9:

The rest of my birthday was spent with me opening gifts and laughing with my family. My grandparents brought me a quilt that my grandfather's great-grandma sewed for future generations. My aunt and uncle gave me a ruby necklace that my uncle got from his mother as a gift for the first born female in their family. My cousins all chipped in to buy me a fifty dollar gift card that would last a few years while my oldest cousin, Baker, also bought me a sweater dress from my favorite store. My parents bought me my favorite type of sneakers while my brothers gave me a box of condoms and green slippers with matching baby booties.

My family had a good laugh as I hit each of my brothers over the head. Then we continued to talk about childhood memories. The stories that all of the parents told were both embarrassing and hilarious. Once my family was on their way out for the night, the males stopped to talk to each other about what the plan was going to be. But that was three days ago.

My mate, my dad, my uncle, and my grandfather have been training the packs for the past three days. All three days they have woken up around five in the morning to take a quick run before showering and meeting in the woods in between all three of the packs at six in the morning. They can do whatever they wish in that time, but they have to be in the agreed upon spot by six to conduct two pack-wide training sessions.

Their training sessions go until six in the evening, there only break being from eleven o'clock in the morning until one o'clock in the afternoon. The packs are becoming stronger and stronger, but everyone is hoping that it doesn't come to a fight between the packs. My mom, aunt, grandmother, two female cousins, and I spend that time searching for evidence of what actually happened to Roman's mother, Lucinda Vinceth.

It is the night of the third day. As it was six o'clock in the evening, the wolves currently training were beginning to come inside for the night. My mom was helping my aunt cook dinner for the boys of my family. I watched with my two cousins, Willow and Zana Lakes, as the boys came in. Zander was messing around with Mikal as Mason and Nick were picking on both of them too. Roman and Baker were a few moments behind them, simply discussing between the two of them. Our fathers just behind them, messing with each other as two brothers do.

When Roman's attention left my twenty-one year old cousin, it immediately lands on me. He slowly makes his way over to me as I stay seated at the table in the dining room. The plates and kitchen utensils were already laid out onto the table from earlier when my cousins and I set the table. I turned to Willow, having felt her eyes on me, and I saw that she was looking at me with a smug, 'I know what you'll be up to tonight' smile on her face. I watched as an innocent look rose immediately to her face as she looked above my head.

I looked up in time to see Roman's arms move around my waist before he pulled me up and out of my seat. Shrieking in surprise, I'm immediately sitting in Roman's lap as he took my seat. I turn and scowl at him. He just kisses my cheek softly, his lips lingering. I turned my head away from him, my arms crossing as I still scowl. It is then that I noticed the awestruck, lovesick, puppy eyes that my younger female cousin, Zana, was giving Roman. A low possessive growl vibrates from my chest and throat as I catch Zana's attention and scowl deeply at her.

Zana looks wide-eyed at me. Willow looks as if she's about to burst out laughing while everyone else's attention moves to us. Roman pulls me further into his arms. The warmth and the sparks not doing anything to stop me from glaring at my cousin. The eyes on us still don't make me back down from growling at Zana and glaring.

"As hot and a total turn on as your possessiveness is, you need to stop glaring your cousin down. The only one that I want is you, my fiery little female. I only want you and your love, Natasha." Roman whispered into my ear before he began to kiss along the shell of my ear. I allowed a shiver and a slight moment of distraction, but I immediately went back to glaring at Zana. "Love, you need to remember that Zana used to watch the two of us when we were kids as well. She has always been a romantic, a romantic that's been waiting for the day that she could meet her mate, and she only looks at me now because she is wondering how her own mate is going to be." Roman reminded me as he continued to kiss the shell of my ear and down my neck.

I began to relax in his arms the more he kissed me. Within moments, I was thoroughly slouched into Roman. I could feel the eyes on us, but I couldn't bring myself to care about anyone else. My eyes were closed as my head was leaning back against Roman's shoulder. Roman's arms tightened around my torso as he continued to kiss slowly along my neck.

My hands slowly moved down Roman's arms until they finally rested upon the middle of where Roman's arms crossed to hold onto me tightly. I fidgeted slightly so that I could get into a more comfortable sitting position. The light rumble of that vibrated from his chest into my back told me that Roman was getting frustrated, both emotionally and physically.

"As much as we understand that feeling, especially that possessiveness over your mate, dinner is ready." My mom interrupted Roman's kissing, shattering the bubble that separated Roman and I from the rest of the world.

I scooted up a little on Roman's lap so that I was sitting a little straighter. There was a light laugh through the room. "Could the two of you please refrain from doing any of that in front of me? You've always been my only little girl, daddy's little princess, and I don't need to see my little princess getting kissed like that in front of me." My dad requested with a deep scowl.

Once we were all sat at the table, we began to eat dinner and talk about the many different topics. The table wasn't silent once. At one point, we were all laughing at the theatrics of my brothers as they were telling us about the time that they decided to only speak in a made up language. Then we were all pitching in about the time that Mason and Nick decided that they didn't want to be twins anymore.

"Do you remember this exact day eleven years ago?" My mom asked with a smile on her face. This was the first quiet moment during our dinner that we've had. Roman softly kissed me along my jaw, kissing wherever he could reach as I leaned back in his arms contently. "We were all here in this house, Roman was here still. You were refusing to leave Natasha's side the whole time. All of you kids were watching a movie, it was some cartoon movie that you had all agreed upon watching when Natasha started bite her lip." My mom recounted.

"So Roman asked why Natasha was biting her lip, and she told him that she was hungry. The speed in which Roman catapulted himself off of that couch and pulled Natasha into his arms rivals that of even Oliver when he thinks Lilith is in trouble." My Aunt Audra continued as she began to remember. I couldn't help the blush that was beginning to rise to my cheeks, nor could I ignore the smile growing on Roman's lips. "He dragged her into this dining room here, pulled a chair out for her, pushed it back in once she was seated, and kissed her on the cheek. He made her blush just as deeply as she is at this very moment." She continued.

"I proceeded to find as many ingredients as I could to make her food. I made spaghetti, garlic bread, and Alfredo pasta. Each time I was finished with something, I would bring it to the table and kiss Natasha on the cheek. Once everything was done, I sat with her and put together her plate of food. It was only after I was sure that she had as much food as she wanted that I allowed anyone else have the rest of the food." Roman reminisces with a smile before he kisses my cheek again. All I can do is smile and blush even more, my family just chuckled at the memory and my reaction.

***

 Another Chapter!!! I am so proud of myself for getting this done! I hope all of you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it. I am hoping to get this story done soon because I have other things that I need to work on, but anyway, thank you for reading my story and sticking with me!!

Any theories? How do you like the little memory of Roman and Natasha? What's your favorite animal (Panther!!! Or a felis domesticas)?

Thank you for all of your support!!! I am so excited for this story's end.

~SoulTwinGirl