Reason with me

Fang entered the living room with a cautious mind. Even though he had a pretty good idea of what Max had wanted to speak to him about, the raven haired male still felt the need to be careful.

Max sat rigidly at the far end of the couch. Her eyes looked up at him as he walked in and followed his every move until he was standing in front of her.

"Fang." Max mumbled quietly.

"What was all that last night? Where did you come from? How did you find me? Why did you find me?" Fang couldn't help but blurt out every question on his mind. Max blinked rapidly, and for a moment, Fang thought it was tears she was blinking back.

"It was me thinking some bad experiments from the school had gotten you. It was me following my gut instinct because.." Max's voice had started out sturdy and confident, but got quieter and eventually faded off. Silence grew thick within the room in a way that made Fang a little bit irritated.

"Because what, Maximum?" Fang quietly shot out, "because you suddenly had a change of heart? Because you-"

"It was never like that!!" Max shouted, interrupting the heartbroken boy. Fang chuckled and glared bitterly towards the wall to his right.

"Oh? Then what was it?" he asked. For once, Max had no response.

"You know, I thought about you a lot for awhile," Fang started, dark eyes growing a bit distant, "Now? I still do, of course. I love you. Always have, always will."

Max's breath caught a little at that one.

"But," Fang continued, "I let myself get caught in that for awhile. I let myself have quite the pity party, I suppose. But you know what? For the first time in a few weeks, I've been happy these past few days. I found that I don't think about you twenty-four seven."

Max bit her lip and nodded. Fang took a deep breath of relief before carrying on.

"So, if what you're here to ask me is to come back.." Fang began.

"And I am." Max confirmed with a shaky tone.

"I won't." Fang finished.

--------------------------

A/N: this is just a short set up for the next chapter. Also to let you know that I promise to update more this week~! Thank you all for being so patient and supportive!

***this is unedited and will be -officially- edited tomorrow***