Chapter One: Fly, Fly away.

Chapter One:

‘This place is not one of reverie, but one of hiding. Not for playing, but for battle. These flowers of humanity do well to weep.’ Yes, these were the thoughts Azalea Safter had; she herself could talk in circles and think nothing of it. The fifteen year old girl sat up, brushing her long, thick brown waves away from her heart shaped face and smiled, her golden eyes gazing adoringly at this glass world around her. Literally. Azalea sat up from the glass encaged grass floor. The enormous greenhouse was her favorite place to be. To her right, a little Calico kitten licked its fur clean and then meowed contently. Azalea scratched behind the little kitten’s ear.

“Hey Mirette, I wonder when Freya and Kezi will be back.” Azalea mumbled. The kitten stared at her and yawned before prancing over and curling up in Azalea’s lap.

“You aren’t much help.” Azalea frowned, leaning back and allowing Mirette to fall asleep. Azalea, upon hearing a new sound, tilted her face skyward. The flapping of wings was heard overhead, but not just any plain old bird wings.

Mutated wings. A Bat and an Eagle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dawn came a lot slower than Fang anticipated. The awkwardness between he and Max was bad enough through the rest of the night, and when it was time for sleep to fall upon the household, Fang found himself unable to join the quiet slumber. All night, he stared at the blank wall he called his ceiling and thought about everything. His decision was final though, he was leaving.

  Finally, the rays of dawn spread across a sleepy world, Angel walked into his room, rubbing her half alert blue eyes. She climbed up on to Fang's bed and yawned.

"You think too much." Angel said groggily.

"Mm. Sorry sweetie." Fang said.

"Are we leaving?" Angel asked

"As soon as the other two wake up."

"Mkay." Angel said, leaning her head down on Fang's dark comforter and closing her eyes again. Fang sat there for a moment, listening to the steady breathing of the now sleeping girl. He then got up and made his way to the kitchen. Everyone else had still been asleep, or so he assumed, but when he walked through the living room, there was Maximum Ride in all her glory.

"Morning." he said politely. He earned no reply, so he kept walking. Before he reached the end of the living room, Max turned to him from her statue position on the couch.

"Why?" she mumbled.

"I told you Max, its-"

"Don't give me that ‘it’s for the best' bull. I know you better than you Fang, what is going on?" Max interrupted.

"I SAW." Fang snapped. His eyes immediately widened, he wished he could've taken that back.

"I'm not a mind reader, Fang, what did you-" Max stopped, and her own eyes widened. No, He couldn't have. Max looked in to Fang's eyes and saw a brief flash of pain enter and then quickly hide itself.

"Y-You saw-" Max began. Fang nodded averted his dark eyes from hers.

"You chose Max, and I cannot get in the way of that." Fang said, swallowing the anger that was bubbling up from the middle of his chest.

"Fang.. No.. That was a mist-"

"No. I don't want to hear that Max. You wanted to.. um.. kiss him. It was final. And maybe Angel and Jeb and Dr. Hans and the flock are right. Maybe, we do need to be apart.." Fang said. His words were straight to the point.

"Fang.." Max said. But Fang just turned around and walked back to his room. His decision was made and he knew that one more minute of talking to Max would change his mind, and he could not have that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------