Chapter Four

It had been a few months since I had joined the Freedom Fighters and I had been moving up the ranks of the team in my own special way. Sally asked me to meet her in the woods. I followed her as she talked about how much she loved the forest and the animals and everything else.

"What's the deal with bringing me out here, Sal? You're talking about things I barely understand and you're acting kinda weird."

Sally turned at took my hands in hers.

"Sonic," she sighed, "I don't care about the missing prince anymore, I care about you. I was wondering if you'd like to go out someday?" she smiled. I knew what she wanted. She loved me. I had never known anyone who loved me. My heart began to pound, my cheeks turned red as I began to blush my ears twitched at the sound of my heartbeat, my tail began to wag wildly, and my stomach became all fluttery, making me feel sick. Sally continued to smile. I finally found my voice.

"Geez Sal, um. . .I don't know. . ." I started. She grabbed my face and pressed her lips against mine. A warm feeling overtook my mind and I lost control of my body. My arms forced themselves toward her and made my hands rest on her hips. My eyes closed as her arms wrapped around my neck. My heart pounded harder. Sally and I pulled apart.

"Wow," was all I could manage to say. She smiled at me wit a sexy glint in her eyes.

"Well?" she asked. I stared at her now sexy blue eyes and felt a weird warmth enter my heart. I swallowed before saying, "Um. . .sure. I guess we could go out."

"How about this weekend?" she asked.

"Sure," I replied. She led me back to Knothole. I followed her to the main table where we sat down and ate dinner. I began to get a tingly feeling and freaked out. I ran into my room and slammed the door. I was finally able to breathe again and the tingly feeling started to fade. I went into the bathroom and washed my face. I looked into the mirror and saw Hyde. I screamed and fell back, hitting my head against the shower door. I rubbed my head and went to Sally's room. I gently shook her awake.

"Sal," I asked, "Can I sleep in here tonight?"

"Of course," she replied, "Crawl in." I climbed into her bed. She took my arms and wrapped them around herself. Again, the warm feeling filled my body. I smiled and closed my eyes, feeling the love flowing through our bodies.

That weekend, Sally and I went to a secret place that only the Freedom Fighter knew of

That weekend, Sally and I went to a secret place that only the Freedom Fighter knew of. There was a restaurant where we walked in and sat down. I had to admit, Sally looked pretty hot in her red dress with a slit up to her right hip and the black V in the midsection of her dress. I wasn't wearing anything except for the usual shoes, socks and gloves, making myself feel naked. Sally reached across the table and held my hand. I felt my cheeks get hot. She smiled at me, making my heart flutter. We were handed menus. I wasn't paying attention to the waitress and Sally ordered us drinks. i was reading over everything the menu offered and became unbearably  hungry. Two glasses were set on the table.