Chapter Thirteen: Out on the Town

I was standing there, listening to Masamune, as he tried to tell me something. It was taking a while, but I just stood there, patiently.

"About that girl..." he tried to explain, but I wouldn't let him finish.

"It's okay. She is the one you chose after all." I turned to go back to my room so I didn't have to listen to any of his stories..Mentally I had already gone through enough. I wasn't ready for this kind of talk yet.

Masamune grabbed my arm.

"No, that's not it." he tried to correct me.

I forcefully pulled my arm away. "Okay, don't grab me like that." I warned. He grabbed me again, to try to get me to listen, but I wouldn't. "Let. Go." I was starting to get annoyed at this point. I grabbed one of the six swords from around his waist.

"Oh...So it's that kind of party!" he grinned, and a grabbed another one of his swords.

"I said, don't touch me." I took a stance, ready to swing when he got close to me.

"Since when have I been the one to do what anyone asks me to" He kept his grin and also took a stance. "Make my day, hot stuff."

"First of all, DON'T call me that!" I yelled, as I swung at him and he blocked. "My name is (Y/N). Got it??" I swung again.

"Alright then, (Y/N). He mocked, sarcastically, and pushed me back without hurting me. "Why are you so pissed at me? The hell did I do to you??"

"Must you ask? You saw me, that day. When you were touching and kissing that woman. Now, you come here, expecting everything to be fine, after all the crap I just endured. I need a friend, not drama, so SAVE IT!" I swung again.

"Is that it? Or do you want to tell me why it mattered that you saw me with someone else when it had nothing to do with you." He didn't smirk that time, when he swung back and I blocked it. "Especially when you have Kanbe."

"Kanbe??" I asked, now completely confused.

"Yeah, not so innocent yourself huh? I saw you with your arms around him when I came to talk to you about Odawara."

"Okay, Except that my arms were around him because I hadn't seen him in years. He tried to save me those years ago and I was happy to see him. We are BEST FRIENDS, nothing more!" I swung at him again and again. He just stood there blocking my attacks. "You are the most arrogant, egotistical JERK I have ever met!"

"Gee, why don't you tell me how you really feel?" He smirked.

I swung at him, one more time. Sparks flew, like mini lightening bolts. I backed up, then collapsed to my knees in tears.

"You done?" he asked. I didn't answer. He bent to one knee to talk to me on my level. "That woman meant nothing to me. I found her after I saw you with the Badger." He explained gently, which was alot different from just a few moments ago. "Let me be honest with you...I thought it would help me."

"How???" I was eager to stay mad at him, though he was trying like hell to be nice.

"After a long time of...." he paused. "Ah, dammit, I'm no good at this..." he sighed. "There's a teahouse just outside the castle. Let's go there."

"What?" I asked, finally calming down.

"Let's play hookie. I bet the others will freak when they see that you aren't in your bed." he laughed. I smiled a little, as I took his had that he had offered to help me up.