Chapter Fourteen: Going Home

Masamune held me against him until the storm passed.  He talked to me the entire time so that I would focus on what he was saying to me, instead of focusing on my surroundings.

"When you saw me with someone else that day.  I was with her to get over you."  Masamune explained, while I still had my face covered from embarrassment.  He was probably hoping that I was too distracted by the thunder and lightning to notice what he was talking about, but I noticed.

I slowly looked up at him from the shelter of my cupped hands against my face.

"...over me?"  I asked.  

"Because you were with the Badger.  I found someone else to get my mind off of you.  It failed though.  I couldn't stop.  When heard what happened with Hideyoshi, I came here with the other two, because I felt a piece of me die that you felt you needed to leave Oshu alone."

"I was chasing a bird with a key. I just so happened to end up in Osaka.  You couldn't possibly have known."

"Still, if I was with you, you wouldn't have left by yourself.  If it was a bird you wanted, then we would have gotten it.  I'm sorry."

"Woah..."  I looked at him in disbelief.  He just said he was sorry. Right after telling me that I was on his mind, and he couldn't stop thinking about me.  It made me happy, but at the same time, it was a little strange to take in the way he was acting. Strange in a good way though.

"Then, if we did end up in Osaka, I would have killed that bastard myself for making you suffer."

"Did I though?" I asked. "I mean, yes...I was scared for a night after being rejected by him, and even during my week with the Oda.  I was taken from my family, but I found a new one--with Kojuro and..you."

CRASH!!! another lightening strike echoed through the sky.  I screamed again, as I was distracted and forgot that there was even a storm to begin with.

"Young Blossom!!"  We heard Kojuro nearby, calling for me.

"(Y/N)!!"  I heard Kanbe right after.

"Sounds like they're looking for you.  They knew...but I didn't.  How could I have been so blind?"  he wondered aloud.  I got up to run to Kojuro when I saw him.

"There you are!! Why did you leave without saying anything?? I was worried sick!" He embraced me tightly.

"It was my idea, Kojuro."  Masamune willingly admitted, with a smirk on his face like he regretted nothing.  "Had no idea that there was a storm coming.  Thought she needed a break from all that....bed resting."

Kojuro smiled, when he realized what was really going on.

"Next time, leave a note."  He was sure to scold me anyway. "I know how you are with the storm, and I was so worried.." he hugged me tighter.

"I'm okay, Kojuro."  I resisted the urge to call him my father, which is what he felt like to me.  I didn't want to offend him though, however I couldn't even imagine that he would get mad over such a thing.

"Good.  Then let's get back to the castle.  Mitsunari and Kanbe are worried too."

Kanbe was nearby, and of course I was scolded by him too before we finally got going back to the castle.

I agreed to go back, and Masamune didn't seem to mind either.  When I wasn't looking, he grabbed my hand, and held it tightly.  When I looked up at him after the sudden surprise, he only smirked, keeping his eyes forward.

__________

Upon returning to the castle, we were quick to make it back inside and out of the rain.  Mitsunari greeted us when we entered, but not without his fair share in scolding.