Chapter One - Figuring Things Out

Two years after...

Leah's POV

Jennifer and I has been married for six months. We had a small ceremony at the beach,  Bahamas, it was a beautiful day for everyone. A few friends and family flew from their respective home just to witness the tying of our knot. We couldn't be happier, until now it felt like a dream. I married to my best friend. When I saw her walking down the aisle, my tears automatically escaped. It was the most precious thing ever. We spent a month there before moving back to London. We're still staying at my old place but yeah, we're happy and having fun.

Probably around 3 am, I had Jennifer sound asleep on my chest while my mind couldn't stop thinking, contemplating..you know, we all have those nights. I felt her moving and making sounds, moments later she looked up, squinting her eyes. Cutest thing ever. "Hey.." Her voice was raspy, one of my fave things when she just woke up. "Hey beautiful" I cupped her cheek and kissed her forehead.  "Go back to sleep baby, it's still early" "It's okay I'm awake now...why are you still up?" She tightens her hug around me.  "Just thinking" I replied, running my fingers through her soft hair. "What are you thinking about? I could help I'm good at overthinking ya know" she attempted joking, you could tell she's still sleepy by the sound of her voice. "Mhm...about the future, random things" "Like?" "You won't quit, would you?" I let out a laugh.

"Mhm..no" she mutters. "Where do you see ourselves in like-- maybe a year or more?" That was a tricky question, well at least for me. As I expected things got a bit serious. It was a few seconds of silence before she started speaking. "Honestly?" There's a small pause. "I want a baby, Leah"

Woah, okay.

I'm not gonna lie. I wasn't expecting that kind of answer. That took me by surprise but I'm glad she told me about it. It wasn't the easiest thing to do but whatever happens, I'm sure we'll make it work.

"You mean like a puppy?" I tried not sounding shocked, I played it cool and  act dumb about it, I even attempted making it as a joke but hell yeah, I'm kinda freaking out. This caught her attention, she looked up at me, frowning. "Leah.." "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I get what you mean.." I said. "And? You don't want one?" She shifted her position, straddling my waist, leaning down to rest her chin on my chest. Adorable. "A baby..Mhm..that's a lot of work but no matter how hard we fuck, I don't have a dick baby" I'm trying to lighten up the mood although this is a serious topic. She let out a sigh of frustration, I could see her starting to get pissed. "Please be serious for a moment" Her eyes were pleading, she runs her finger tips against my jaw and then started giving my neck tiny little pecks. "You mean- you wanna try considering adopting?" "Yeah" her response was quick. "Mhm..okay let's see, there's gonna be a lot of changes- a big one. If we consider doing it, it could take maybe a year, I know some friends who have done adopting and she was updating me at that time while the papers are on process, so yeah- it could take a lot of work but I don't see any reason why we shouldn't do it" I explained, she listened carefully but as I speak I can see it in her eyes that she's excited about this. "It's okay for me..I could wait but- I don't know about you, do you see us getting there?" "Of course, I mean, we're married of course I've thought about that at least one or twice but I never expected that you'd actually want it right now"

"Is that a bad thing?" Her voice was almost like a whisper. "No baby, I'm glad we get to talk about these things but are you sure you want it now? Like right now?" I asked her, I could see how her expression changed. She took a deep breath before speaking, "You don't want it, do you? Just- I- Nevermind.." She get off me and turn to the other side of the bed, her back is facing me. I tried hugging her but her hand quickly catches mine, removing it.m"I'm sorry baby...I-I just think we're rushing-- I mean, we got married for only six months, don't you think it's too sudden?" I somehow regret saying that, but I had to. We have to be open about these things. "Forget it, Leah. Let's just sleep" she said softly, removing my hand around her waist. I can feel how upset she is. It's a sensitive topic. "I'm sorry baby. Don't be mad" I kissed her shoulder. After that, she didn't respond. Not even a nod.