Chapter Thirteen- Angel

Leah's POV

"So..you just need to sign a couple of papers...one over here....here...and here" Carol, the agency who helped me arrange everything for months, explained it thoroughly to me. I did what she asked, anxiously waiting for what she'll tell me next. Going with the flow rather complaining, plus, I don't know anything about parenting. And I'm fucking nervous...you wouldn't imagine how many times I did a double take, even when passing through the corridors of orphanage's room. I seriously have no idea what I'm stepping into, but the faith in me says to go on.

Jennifer, oh my beautiful girl. She's been really excited and been asking me to go shopping for baby garments occasionally, well not really. If I was right, we're at the  mall two or three times a week, and she would just end up dragging me at newborn section. I can see how excited she really is, I knew she always wanted to have a baby. Yeah, we're different and things were not the typical family dream but that doesn't change anything and makes us feel bad about ourselves or owning up to the fact that we're gay. We're here, loving and we will, always.

A lot has happened in the past few weeks, including the fact that we gkt to choose the gender. Might be a little weird but it just happens that there's two new little angels was donated at the orphanage. As much as I love to judge and ask the mother why would she leave such a thing, I couldn't because if it wasnt for them, nothing of this would have happened. In conclusion, Jennifer and I decided to pick a girl, that night. She tried hiding it from me, but I see her crying. I think it hit her that we're finally doing it. Her smile was genuine and that's all I wanna see. This family is more than I bargained for, and i couldn't be more grateful.

"Okay..everything's seems done. Yes...so you ready to meet the baby?" The what? Did I hear that right? I thought I was so ready but my heart thumps against my chest. "Wait- as in now? N-no one told me it's going to be today I-I'm not—fuck" Literally stuttering. "Oh, I'm sorry. Things here move fast despite from the long ass paper works you waited to process for months. We don't really give a specific date, if everything's doing great and so is the baby then all shall be fine. But if you want we could reshedule—" No way. 5 months, that's long we had to wait and i'm not backing up to this. "No, no. I'm just not expecting it, May I call my wife first? I need her here when itll happen" I said and bite my lip. "No worries, take your time. Im just gonna go over the office, you two can meet me there later" She smiles, grabbing her folder then getting up, leaving me breathless at the hallway bench.

I did what I said I would. I called Jennifer, but I didn't tell her exactly everything. I said she just need to come down at the office to sign some paperworks. Twenty minutes later, she was here in her jumper with a white shirt underneath, pair of sneakers with her bronde hair tied up into a messy bun using a red handkerchief. It took me a couple of minutes before I realize what she was doing. She has pink paint all over her clothes but still, so beautiful. "Hi" she says and pecks my lips twice, smiling at me. "Were you painting the baby's room?" "Yeahhhh. Fuck, I was hurrying my ass up, I didn't even changed my clothes. So...what's so urgent?" She asked and put her hand on her hips. My lips stared to crack a smile, as it grew bigger by the second. "What?" She asked cluelessly. "Ready to meet her?" "Who?" She scrunched her brows, making a face. "Our baby" I said, and wow. How amazing when that word rolled off my tongue, makes me realize how real this is.

"Leah, what?" She says, holding her breath. Her mouth half opened and has her hand over it. She quickly attacks me with a hug, burying her face in my neck. I giggle at her, "You happy?" "Fuck, are you kidding?" "Leah, cmon!!" She says, "Wait, let's go to the office and meet Carol" I said and dragged her down across the corridors. We were met by Carol and proceeded immediately by taking us into the longest hallway of my life. When you look to the right side, youll see a room full of children, as we go further we met a couple of teenagers who was under this foster house. Jen was squeezing my hand tightly. Then we got into the room and it's all white with minimal decorations but tons of cribs and babies cooing. "Oh my god, baby look at them!" Jennifer squealed and pouts. "Mrs. Remni, Lopez..." I hear our name being called and we got side tracked by everything going around us. "She's three months this coming September 15th" she continues as she ventured closer.