Chapter Four - Photoshoot

Jennifer's POV

"Are you ready?" Leah asked, for the third time in the last twenty minutes. We're gonna be heading to the studio for the shoot. I'm a little nervous, to be honest. This is my first in a long time to do a magazine cover again, and the pressure of the publicity and attention that you'll be getting as soon as they come out is pretty scary and exciting. I knew it's never going to be the same again once I do this, the media is gonna be up in our ass.

"Yes" I replied, "That's exactly what you said the last time" she came in inside the room as I'm sitting in front of my vanity mirror, panicking. She sighed, grabbing the hair brush from the table and started brushing it. "You're panicking for no such thing" I looked at her in the mirror and pouted. "I'm really nervous" "Well, don't be. You'll kill it with no doubt" She was so sure of it. And it actually helped a little. "Can you blow dry my hair?" I looked up to her, pulling my puppy dog eyes. "You're so lazy. Ever" she said, shaking her head while grinning. "I'm not. I just want you to do it for me" I said sweetly.  Then she starts to blow dry my bronde hair, while I, on the other hand, applied some moisturizer and lip gloss on my lips. There's a make up artist on the set and a hairstylist too so I don't have to put on products in my face.

"Don't fall asleep here" Leah said, she was massaging my hair and scalp while doing the blow dry. "You're so good at this" I mumbled, relaxing. Then she sprayed some dry shampoo on it to tease it a little. "All done" she said, kissing my head. We're just kinda looking at ourselves in the mirror. She was smiling, "You look beautiful even without make up on" Why does she have to be so sweet? "Yeah whatever, let's go" I stood up to face her, "You are beautiful" She said, in between small little kisses. "Okay?" She repeated, a smile started forming on my lips. "Mhm..thank you, even that's not completely true. It felt so good coming from your mouth" "It's because I mean it" I was melting, I love when she compliments me.

Leah always reminds me that I'm beautiful, even when I don't feel like it. She'd say it every day, like I'm the most precious thing. And that's all I need.

"I'm excited for you. I can't wait to see what the pictures will look like" "the only reason I feel less tense is because I can do all the poses I want later and not feel shy about it" "Aw, she's shy" she teases, earning a frown from me. "Hey stop, now I'm freak out" "Stop overthinking for sec, and see how good this will turn out" she kisses me one lest time before leaving the house, on our way to the set.

"Aha! Yeah..thank God I can still remember which building, for a moment I thought we're getting lost" Leah chuckled, letting out a sigh of relief while parking the car up front. "I missed this place" she said, admiring the building. She loved working here, one of her great works are from Vogue. But yeah, she had to leave because of Katy, and somehow- I feel guilty. "You ready?" She asked, reaching for my face, running her knuckles on my cheeks while smiling. "Not really but.." "Smile! C'mon, let's go. Loosen up a little, We're late"

We entered the building and used the elevator that took us at the 19th floor. It was pretty high. We stepped outside and we were quickly guided by a blonde woman, dressed nicely, leading us to where the shoot is happening. "Oh, they're here- Hi!" Oh there she is again. I was mocking her inside my head, I feel so mean but I don't know why I don't feel good around her. "Girls, quickly!" She said, and two person was behind her. "This is Jennifer, you all know her of course, and these-- are the make up artist and hair stylist that will do the magic" "Hi!" I flashed a smile, I feel Leah's hand behind my back. "Okay, you can now start doing her make-up..You- Leah, I see that you brought your camera, but you can still use the other ones in there-- you can start testing shots if you want" Katy was leading her towards, God knows where. I saw Leah glances back at me and raises her hand, doing a thumbs up. I was a little bother seeing them together al though I have no reason to be jealous.