Chapter Eleven- Envelope

Leah's POV

After many times of convincing, I've finally got Jennifer to see her dentist. We're here now at the clinic, I'm waiting as Jennifer is laying down on the patients chair. "Leah fucking come here" she whisper-yelled. I chuckle, "What, ya scared of needles?"  I tease. "You're not helping!" She whined.

Then the dentist came in, holding a clipboard in her hand. "Okay, your teeth looks great but we just gonna have to do some filling on the lower part of your teeth- this tooth" she said and pointed out the picture. "Not to worry, its just a little dent"

"Oh o-okay. So when do we start?" Jennifer asks. "Whenever you want. We could do it now but its up to you, or you could set up an another appointment if you prefer"

"Alright. Lets do it now but one question- Is there a needle involved?" Jennifer asks.

I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing my ass off. "Stop Leah stop!" She started laughing too.

"Yes, Ms Lopez but it's just for anesthesia. It'll be painless"

"Wooh okay alright. I guess i can take that"

They started doing the procedure. Jen was holding my hand all the time through the way to the end. I signed some papers and while i was at the counter talking to the receptionist, I noticed Jennifer staring at the fish tank on the lobby area, frowning.

What the hell.

"Here's the payment, keep the change"

"Thanks ma'am. Have a good day"

I went closer to Jennifer and she's still looking at the fishes on the tank, only this time....she was crying. "Hey hey what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I asked and touch her arm. "The fishes are drowning- Leah look at them!" She sobs.

What in the living hell is going on. Oh shit. No it can't be. Anesthesia.. we're fucked.

She's high.

I wanna laugh but I'm worried. She looks so stupid and good thing there isn't much people in here. "Leah Leah the fishes! Let's save them" she grab my arm and shake me.

She keeps on begging me so I decided to record her on my phone so she could watch her self later being dumb.

"Alright Jennifer, let's go home. You need rest and you're high on anesthesia" I said and pull her.

"But the fishes!"

"Jennifer they're damn fish. They can breathe underwater what the fuck. I can't believe we're having this conversation"

This is so hilarious. I wanna laugh so bad. I see a dentist who works there walk past by me. "Hey is this normal? Why is she?-" she sees Jen and laughs. "She'll be fine. It might took a couple of hours though but that's normal just keep her rested"

I thanked her and I manage to get Jennifer in the car. I started driving and she just keeps on mumbling nonsense things. This is worst of her than being drunk. "You know Leah I really really hate you. You let those poor fishes drowned. You are a very mean person" she said.

She's just leaning on the passenger seat with her eyes half closed. I laughed quietly. I left my phone on record and put it in the dashboard.

"Jen just rest okay? You are so damn high you have no idea how stupid of a conversation we're tryna have"

"No I'm mad at you. I won't talk to you ever and ever and ever again!" She groaned.

"Okay then"

She was quiet for less than a minute then starts talking again. "You have a very nice boobs" she says randomly. I cant help it, I laughed so hard. "Thanks and what happened to the no talking to me rule?"

"Gone like the fishes. You killed them" she said. "Oh fuck you're so high. Like how many dosage of anesthesia injected in you?" I chuckle. "Yeah the dentist is mean. Bitch" she said.

She's so damn cute but stupid. I can't wait to see her reaction later.

"Leah. I'm hungry" she said after a minute of silence. "We're close, keep still"

"But I want it now"

"I said wait. Damn" I muttered. She crosses her arms and rolled her eyes. "Please I want Mcdonalds" she begged. "We just passed by it you should've said it earlier. I lost my turn"

"Whatever you're crazy"

"Look who's talkin'. All high" I teased.

Thankfully she didn't talk much until we reached home. She went straight to the bed and flopped. I was about to call her to eat lunch but she's snoring already. I tucked her hair behind her ear and pulled the sheets over her, kissing her forehead.

Jennifer's POV

I woke up earlier with shitload of headache. Leah told me everything that happened, she even made me watch the whole video. I was laughing but also a bit embarrassed. I didn't know I'd be high due to anesthesia. Damn.

We ate dinner on the couch while I was on my Macbook, surfing. It just happen that I randomly scrolling through adorable pictures of dogs. They're selling it online and I couldn't help but look. "Whatchu doin," Leah said and leaned her head on my shoulder. "Babe looook" I said and scrunch up my nose. She gaze at the screen and look at the pictures. "I want one" I said and wait for her reaction.

She looked up at me and kiss my cheek instead. "What? You don't want one?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Well I-"

"It's a handful babe and we just had  dog. I don't think it's a good idea"

I'm a bit confused. She always love dogs.

"Oh I guess you're right"

Leah went upstairs then came back down moments later. She sat beside me in the couch, indian sit, facing me. I tilt my head and look at her through my glasses. "What?"

"Close that" she said and pointed at my laptop using her lips. I looked at her confused but still obeyed. "What? You're scaring me" I chuckled nervously.

I noticed she's holding something in her back using her other hand. "What's tha-"

"Jennifer?" She said.

Now I'm really scared

"I think this is a better idea than getting a dog" she said, then moving her hand that she's hiding in her back and she's holding a...envelope?

I reached for it hesitantly and smile at her. "What's this?" I giggled, she smiles at me and shrugged.

I then took a deep breathe before opening it. I have a feeling that whatevers inside this envelope, it's a big thing.

I ripped off the seal gently and inside the envelope there's a folded paper. I opened it and began reading what's written on it.

Oh my god.

"Happy Birthday, baby girl" she said.