Chapter Eight- Not Ready?

Leah's POV

The past few weeks, I've been thinking about that job offer but the longer I contemplate about it, the more I realized that my life is here. Jennifer is my home. Sure it is a great opportunity but I lost her once, I'm not doing that again. So yes, I declined.

And not only the offer my mind has been lingering about. I'm thinking about Jennifer said, she wants a family. It makes me a bit sad that I can't give it to her. Adoption is the only option for us and to be honest its not a bad idea. I want a family too and I wanna make her happy. And how good that must be to have little feet running around the house. It makes my heart flutter just by thinking about it.

I don't even know why I was so scared about that idea when she told me that night. I guess I didn't see it coming so soon. But hey we're married and there's no reason why we shouldn't take this to the next level.

I can't wait to have a family with my princess. It's gonna be awesome.

Her birthday is coming up next month so what's a better gift than giving her what she really wants, well aside from sex, freaky sex. Oh boy, we haven't done it since she's always busy and tired from her schedule.

I made a couple of arrangement from the through private domestic adoption. They said it may take a while before the papers are arrange but as soon as they have the opportunity they'll contact us asap. Hopefully before Jennifer's birthday.

I'm at my office researching about information and reading articles about adopting. Man, I am nervous. A freaking baby. I don't even know if Jennifer know how to take care of one, she's a damn childish herself.
Seriously, Jennifer is a handful and pain in the ass sometimes but I manage to deal with that woman.

Speaking of the devil, I hear the front door closed. She must be here now. And I was right. Before I know it she was standing and leaning on the door frame, grinning childishly. "Hey honey!" I closed the laptop immediately. Fuck. She came towards me and sat on my lap. Planting a kiss on my lips. Then all over my face. "I missed you today, Lee" she said then giggled.

I pinch her cheek laughing. "I missed you too baby, how was your day?" I asked, wrapping my arm around her waist as she had her one arm leaning on my shoulder. "Good. Why did you close your laptop when I entered the room?" She mumbled, raising her brows at me. Shoot.

She notices everything.

"Oh that? Nothing babe, just a work thing" I managed not to stutter and distracted her by kissing her again. "Mmm really?" She squinted her eyes, "yes, wanna check?" Okay I shouldn't have said that.

"Nope. I'm hungry. Lets eat. Cook for me" she said. "Alright miss now get your ass up" I laughed slapping her butt. "Mami!" she giggled. "Why do you love my cute butt so much?"

"Do you really want me to answer that?" I teased. "Show me tonight mami" she kisses my cheek and grind her ass on me before walking away.

Later that night I cooked some pasta and here we are at the couch eating  dinner while we watch OTNB on netflix. "Ouch" I hear Jennifer said. I turn my head to look at her and she has her hand on her right cheek, she looks in pain. "You alright baby?" I asked, finishing my dish. "Oww my tooth hurts" she whined, "Did you chew on something hard?"

She put down the bowl and massages her cheek. "Uhhm.. maybe I don't know" "Does it happen before or just now?"

She sigh and looked at me. "Earlier at the photoshoot, it happened so randomly"

"Do you want me to get you some pain killer? It might help to lessen the pain" I suggested but she is just frowning while holding her cheek. "Jen?" "I don't know...sure" she mumbled.

She was only halfway finish on her pasta. "Why don't you get up and brush your teeth before drinking your meds?" I said and she nodded, following me.

I'm like taking care of a damn toddler! Seriously. She's just natural stubborn and won't listen to me whenever I warned her about eating sweets.

I came in our bedroom holding a glass of water. I spot Jen laying on her bed with her palm against her cheek still. "Here drink this" I handed her the capsule. She quickly drinks it and lay down again. Later on, i changed into shirt and just panties and decided to join her on the bed.

She turn around and cuddles into me. "Baby make it go away" she whined. I giggled, she looks so adorable. "For once you just have to stop being stubborn and listen to me sometimes."

"How could you- this is not my fault!" She defended, pulling away from me and glaring her eyes at me. "And no sweets for heaven's sake"

"Seriously? You're not the boss of me!" She scoffed, getting a little attitude.

This is what I'm telling you.

You warn her and she gets mad cause she won't listen. She's stubborn and childish, not acting like a grown up should be sometimes. It's a bit frustrating, mostly we fought over stupid little things and I let her win cause I love that woman.
But I don't know if she's ready to be a parent more than me.