Chapter Twelve- Nothing's Gonna Stop Us

Jennifer's POV

Its so hard to put that feeling into words. My heart feels overwhelmed, swelling with happiness and excitement. It's like my whole world stopped for a moment and I could not hear anything. It was then I realized I was crying, still holding the paper.

It was an adoption form request that we both need to fill in.

I was still speechless with tears in my eyes. I looked at Leah and she's getting teary too. "Tell me this is real" I said quietly, my voice cracking. It made her smile widely and grabbed both of my hands. "It's real baby" she whispered and leaned her forehead against mine. We're both silently crying, happy tears.

We just had to tame a monent, indulge this for a bit. "Y-you said you don't want it" I said and looked in her eyes as I pull away. "I do. Very badly. You're my everything, Jen. and I want to start a family with you even this means adoption is our option, I'd still do it with you" she said and cupped my face in her hands. "Leah!" I giggled happily and attacked her with a hug, tightly wrapping my arms around her neck and we just kinda lie down on the couch with me hovering her. "I'm so happy! Oh my god- " I exclaimed.

The thought of building a family with Leah sounds delightful. It made me smile the biggest just imagining how wonderful that must be. Of course at some point I've wished we could have babies of our own, like our own flesh but sometimes things may happen not the way you actually had in your mind but maybe, just maybe it so much better.

"Wait a second, I thought we're moving too fast? How did you manage to arrange this? What agency did you reach out--" I was cut off by Leah , shushing me with her finger. "I knew you'd have endless question" she giggled.

"We're married, Jennifer. And one day I thought, why the hell I was afraid of? I just- i love you so much that I can't wait to see what life has to offer to the both of us and then I also remebered what you said that night, and yes maybe I refused cause I was damn frightened at the thought of babies, but with you?.. I can get through anything so yeah, I tried reaching out to different adoption agencies and this one has the highest chance" she said and it made my heart swells.

My smile is so genuine.

"But what about the process? I mean do they even allowed gay couples to adopt? Babe this is a huge procedure we still have to go to the court for the custody of a child." Now that I've said it it made it even more real to me.

"I've got it all figure out, baby. Don't stress. Just trust me, okay?" She said and i leaned down to kiss her lips, both us of are smiling through the kiss.

"Okay" I said quietly. "So you like your gift?" She asked, "my birthday is less than two weeks Leah but yeah, you don't have no idea how you made me happy" I cupped her cheeks and squished it.

"Anything for my princess"

"Wait! Tell me more about it like- have you found a parent already that is willing to do adoption?"

"Yeah..this agency, they've found a person, she's a single mom and she's 5 months pregnant. We still have to meet her properly and talk to her. Like they're a lot of things we still need to consider. We have to have her permission, get her to like us, those kind of stuff"

"What if she don't like us?" I asked. "Are you kidding? You're Lola remember? You're famous and all over the media all the time"

"Yeah but I don't want her to like us just because of my career. You know what I mean?" I bit my lip. "Yes and please don't worry, I got this okay?"

I nodded and flashes her a smile. "Leah I can't wait- when can we see the mother? Do you know the gender already?"

"Not yet. You want to come with me tomorrow?"

"Where to?"

"We'll set up a few arrangements. I'm gonna talk to the agency, I'll see what I can do then we can invite her over dinner"

"So we're really doing this?" I said, biting onto my lower lip.

"Nothing's gonna stop us now" she said, leaning down to kiss me on the lips.