Part 6

(After 4 months)

Steve

I was sitting and enjoying my day off. It was a casual Sunday, and I was on my chair, reading the newspaper. Until I heard a bell.

I got up and went to check the door, but I was shocked when I saw the person.

"I'm pregnant with your child soldier"she said, as she stood outside my door, with messy hair.
Her eyes had dark circles, her face had marks, she was running, and exhausted.

I rushed to hold her, as she fainted. I picked her up in my arms, she was heavier then before, her rounded belly adding to the weight.

Taking her inside, I lay her down on my bed, and brought some water, splashing some drops on her face.

She moved, and then slowly opened her eyes.

"Natasha? " I held her hand, and put my other hand on her head, "Are you alright? "

She looked at me and sighed in relief.

"What happened? Are you alright? " I asked her.

She put her free hand on her large belly, and looked at me.

"I... I am pregnant... with.. your child" she said slowly.

"Natasha.. I am.. " I didn't know what to say, it was a huge surprise.

"I.. I was sterile, but... somehow.. you.. this is your child Captain, I swear" she said almost crying.

"Hey.. relax" I said putting my hand on her cheek, "I believe you" I said, and stared at her belly, smiling.

I put my hand on her belly, and caressed it, "Why didn't you come before?" I asked.

"I... I didn't want to be a burden on you, this isn't your fault, you did everything to save me life.. I can't force this child's responsibility on you, and I love this child, its all I ever wanted, so obviously I couldn't abort" she said.

"But... now.. I had no choice, I.. I was spotted by the KGB man, I'm not sure if they saw my belly, but.. I can't risk my child's life anymore, I want him safe, and I know only you can protect him" she said with tears in her eyes.

I still had my hand on her belly, and I felt something, it was like a movement, inside.

"What was that? " I asked worried.

"That was him kicking, he does that a lot lately" she replied.

"He? " I asked.

"Yeah, the doctor said its a boy" she said.

I moved my hand, and smiled. It was such a different feeling, knowing that a part of you is growing in there. My son, I got tears in my eyes. I never thought about kids before, but right now in this moment, I was so grateful. I was going to be a father soon, and that my heart jump.

"How many months? " I asked.

"27 weeks" she replied, "The seventh month has just started".

"Oh my God! He.. he'll come so soon, Natasha why didn't you come earlier? " I said, excited.

***

Natasha

He was so happy, so excited. For a moment, I thought I was dreaming.

"Why did you stay away and hide all alone, you shouldn't have taken up so much stress in such a delicate time, I was here, you should have come back the moment you found out" he said.

I couldn't believe my ears, or my eyes. I sat up, and stared at him.

"You? You are all fine with this messed up situation? " I asked, "I am an assassin, I was sent to kill you, and
in an attempt to save me, you accidentally impregnated me, and you are happy about it? "

"As I said before, you are a victim, you weren't born bad, neither have you done anything on your own will, you did it all on orders, to save your own self. And about the child....The woman I love is... she is old and fragile and ill now, she wants me to move on, but I can't, and... seems like this child is a gift, because I wouldn't have been able to touch anyone, if not for your life" he said.

"You don't hate the fact that your child is in the womb of a monster? " I asked.

"You are not a monster, I see a strong and innocent girl in you, and I am glad my son has a strong woman for his mom" he said with a smile.

"Anyways, you must be hungry, I'll get something for you to eat, my little one must be hungry " he said.

He left to bring food, and I stayed in shock. What was this guy made of? He saved me, over his righteousness, and now he is happy to be my child's father, even after knowing about my dark past.

I got tears in my eyes, "You have the best dad in the world" I told my baby, "he will always protect and love you, you won't have to face your mother's fate" I smiled as I caressed my belly.

He returned with a lot if fruits and a glass of milk.

"I'll go shopping, I don't have much for now, eat this till then" he said handing me the tray.

"Thanks " I said and started eating.

"Make yourself comfortable, you can sleep here, I'll sleep in the lounge, you don't have clothes? I'll get everything you need. But.. promise me, you won't run away, promise me you would stay here" he said so innocently.

"I promise, I won't ever leave" I said.

"Good, and I promise to protect you from all harm " he said. He leaned forward, and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Take care, I'll be back" he said. I nodded. "I'll call Hill, she would stay with you till I get back, you can't defend yourself" he said.

I just kept nodding, no one has ever been this sweet to me. No one has ever cared about me this much. I got tears in my eyes, what did I do to deserve all this.

"Hey, please don't cry" he said wiping my tears, "our son needs a happy mom"

Our son, the way he said it, made me flinch. He didn't hesitate at all, he wasn't regretting it even for a second, there was no signs of it on his face. It looked as if we were a happy married couple, awaiting our first child. Except, that was not possible.

"Eat and be happy, I'll just be back" he said.

I smiled and nodded, watching him go.

***
Steve's so happy. Who expected this? Do give your reviews. And who do you think would fall in love first.