Part 8

Steve

Natasha was sleeping, I didn't let her close the door, in case she needs something at night.

I was trying hard to sleep, adjusting on the couch was a bit difficult. My mind kept wandering, and when I felt I was drifting into sleep, when I heard her voice.

"No, no.. please no" she was shouting, and then she said something in another language, I guessed to be Russian, she looked scared, frightened.

I rushed to her room, and opened the lights, she was moving, fear very evident from her face.

I sat by her side, and grabbed her wrists, that were moving restlessly.

"Natasha, Natasha its me, Steve, open your eyes" I said.

She didn't understand, and was shouting something I didn't understand.

"Natasha!! It's me" I shouted, but she didn't respond. I lay down beside her, and pulled her close, hugging her, pulling her close to my body, I caressed her head.

"Natasha! Wake up, its just a bad dream, I am here for you" I said.

She was struggling in my hold, but then relaxed, and slowly opened her eyes.

"Cap? " she breathed, her chest rising higher then usual.

"Yes, Natasha you are safe, you are with me" I assured her.

"Oh! " she got tears in her eyes, she put her head on my chest, and grabbing hold of my shirt, she sighed.

"You okay? " I asked.

"I am now" she replied.

"What did you dream of? " I asked, "if you are comfortable to tell me"

"I.." she looked up at me, I still held her close, afraid she might get scared again, "I used to be handcuffed to sleep, and... every night I feared someone would come for me.. and one day, three men did, they tore me clothes, they tried to molest me, I was in my undergarments, helpless with my hands tied up" she started, with a lot of pain in her voice. My hands turned to fists, the thought of someone touching her, and that too by force, made me so angry.

"Did they succeed? " I asked, with gritted teeth.

"No, their boss stopped them, said I wasn't for pleasure, I was the killer in training, and to help themselves with other chickens" she replied, her heart rate still high.

"Natasha.. you said before.. you had been.. did anybody ever? " I asked, my voice was so full of anger and pain, I didn't even realize.

"No, as I said.. they tried, they tried many times.. those men, and some others, every night I couldn't sleep in fear, and.. even after I left that place, I am still scared" she told me.

The image still made me furious, a helpless girl, scared, handcuffed, being stripped, they might not have been successful, but they must have done bad stuff, touching her, kissing her. I didn't realize, my breaths were heavy, I was so angry.

"Steve" she said, in her ever so melodious voice.

I looked at her green eyes, her innocent soul open to me, her broken and shattered heart, still wounded, needing to be healed.

"Natasha, don't be scared, no one would ever touch you against your will again" I said, moving away from her, and out of bed, "And I am so sorry to be one of the men, who touched you without your consent" I said lowering my eyes in shame.

"No! " She sat up, with her hand on her belly, "Don't, please don't feel guilty about it, you are not a monster, you are the angel in my life Captain Rogers"

I leaned forward and she closed her eyes, giving her consent, and I placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Go back to sleep" I said, and started to walk away.

"Steve! " She called.

I turned, "Please don't leave me, I will again get those nightmares" she said.

"Okay, I sleep on the couch here" I said, turning again to bring my pillow.

"Cap! " she called out again.

"Yes? " I asked.

"Can you? Uhm!"  she hesitated, biting her lower lip.

"Yes Natasha? Tell me do you need anything? " I asked, going near her.

"I.. Steve.. Cap.. can you.. can you sleep with me? " she said, "I mean just sleep, by my side, so I don't get scared" she finished quickly.

"If only you are comfortable, I know I am a huge burden, i am really sorry.. I" she started with her rant, but I silenced her, with my finger.. again.

"Okay, I will" I said, she stared at me, dumbfound, and then blinked.

I turned the lights off, and closed the door, and then lay down beside her, pulling the quilt over us. My bed isn't too large, so our legs touched, and I recalled, she was in shorts.

"Good night Nat" I said, "I mean Natasha".

"Goodnight" she said, cheerfully. I turned my face to the other side, and closed my eyes.

And soon, we both drifted into deep sleep, neither of us waking up till late in the morning.

****
Steve would heal her slowly, my poor Nat, she has been through so much. Anyways how was the chapter? I can't wait for them to take steps ahead and kiss.