Chapter 6: Time to Shine Part 2

Geyia was making her way to Ron's office.

She walked in fake crying hysterically.

" Geyia what's wrong ? " Ron asked while he looked concerned.

" DONN he's on the phone with another police department complaining about me ! " Geyia lied.

" And what is that going to do ? " Ron asked looking confused.

" If I considered on going to a different facility they might not even accept me because of all the lies Donn is telling them about me." Geyia argued.

" You said he's talking to another department meaning singular there is over a thousand police departments in this city. " Ron mentioned.

" It's still bad for my reputation. " Geyia went on with her story.

" You shouldn't worry about that because you're going to be here for a long time, and I'll chat with Donn." Ron explained.

" Thank you, I really appreciate it. " Geyia said as she got up, and left his office.

Meanwhile, Donn was still locked in the lab.

" Someone HELP ME I'M LOCKED IN HERE ! " Donn shouted while he still played with the door knob.

.........

Nora Beam (Detective) unlocked the door since she heard yelling.

" What are you doing in here ? " Nora Beam asked.

" Someone locked me in here. " Donn confessed.

" Oh well I didn't do it." Nora Beam said honestly.

" Yeah, I know but thanks for getting me out of here I appreciate it." Donn said while he walked out the lab.

Geyia walked up to Donn.

" Are we going to continue the case ? " Geyia asked.

" We have too. " Donn said while he looked around.

" I'm sorry about complaining about you." Geyia said dishonestly.

" Let's finish the case, so right now we need to go to the store the victim worked at. " Donn instructed while he and Geyia drove to the retail store the victim worked at.

Donn and Geyia walked in Pattern Basics Department Store and were quickly greeted by the loss prevention worker.

" Hello welcome ! " Ryder greeted them.

" Hi! I'm Detective Anderson and this is my partner Detective Loathly is the manager here today ? " Donn asked knowing exactly what he was doing.

" You mean Marie Lutton." Ryder offered.

" Absolutely is she here we're investigating the murder of the previous manager Lea Droft." Donn informed him.

" She was such a wonderful person she valued everyone with such generosity. " Ryder expressed.

" I understand, so I have a question for you. " Donn told him.

" What is it ? " Ryder asked.

" When I asked you is the manager here today I expected you to say she's no longer with us or she passed away, but I'm taking it as you've all got a new manager ? " Donn asked.

" Yeah we promoted Marie Lutton right after we heard the news about Lea we should of never moved so quickly, but I definitely have no say. " Ryder explained.