The Enchanted Lyre

At the campfire, I finally had an Idea of who my godly parent was.

Since it was getting late, Travis and I walked to the campfire from the beach. Chiron was already getting ready. He had spotted us. "Found a friend, Hope?"Chiron chuckled. Travis blushed. "Yes, Chiron. I think I can live with him. I think!" I said laughing. No one else was at the campfire, but demigods from everywhere started to flood in.

Travis and I took a seat down on one of the wooden benches. Conner Stoll sat right next to his twin brother, and bumped him with his shoulder, crashing Travis's with mine. "Ow," Travis said with no expression. "I'm nervous," I say. "Don't be nervous, Percy had it worse," Conner said. That didn't make me feel better. 

As all the campers settled in, Chiron started talking. He said stuff about this game called Capture the flag, rules, etc. Then, he said something about me. "Today, Kevyn the Satyr brought a new camper. Everyone, meet Hope!" Travis urged me to get up and I did. Everyone clapped, and I heard a camper say, "Look! Look at her head!" Naturally, I looked up. I could see something was glowing, so I found myself spinning in circles.

Travis giggled and put me in one place. He whispered one thing into my ear: "Apollo,". I gasped. I found myself squealing. Not in excitement, but in curiosity. The Apollo cabin was high fiving me and urging me to come over there. "Go on!" Conner said.

I walked over to the Apollo cabin and heard tons of names; Will Solace, Lee Fletcher, Kayla Knowles, etcetera. A guy with blonde hair came up to me. "Will Solace! Head counselor! Nico-I mean Nice to meet you!" Will said, scratching his head. "Sorry, just another er, camper! Yeah!" He said. I shook his hand. I looked back at Travis and I saw he was trying not to laugh along with the whole camp. Was it-- oh. It was probably Will. Nico? Huh. 

Will just put his head in his hands and sat down. Chiron quieted down everyone. Conner and Travis shut up.

                         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, the sun was brighter than ever before. 

I had gotten my camp T-Shirt, and my other supplies by my bunk bed. I got up, stretched and went to the bathroom to change. What I thought was odd, was there was mostly boys in the Apollo cabin. But I don't really mind them. I got into my camp shirt and stepped out into the open sunshine. Jeez, it sure is hot. I saw Conner and Travis run over to me. "Apollo....crowd....lyre!" Conner said, breathing heavily. "Wha-" I started to say. Then I saw it. A man about 5'6 was in the middle of a crowd of demigods waving a gold lyre around. 

"Calm down everybody. I'm just looking for-Ah! There she is!" said the guy with a sleeveless shirt and a sun tattoo on his arm came and gave me a big bear hug. I could only guess it was Apollo. "Dad?" I asked. "Hope! Oh, you have grown so much, darling!" Apollo said, smiling.

I smiled and looked around. I could tell all the other Apollo kids were jealous. "What about your other--you know--kids?" Apollo's gleaming smile faded. "Them? Oh, yeah. I kinda forgot," he said. "Bear Hug!" He said. All the boys nervously came over and hugged Apollo, and the girls had no choice. Apollo already grabbed them, including me. "Okay, now all of you scatter. I need to talk to Hope," Apollo yelled. 

"So little sunshine, HAHA get it? Ok, anyways, here take this. I heard you played the lyre. I hope you like it. HAHA get it? Okay, bye now!" Apollo grinned and vanished. The whole Cabin seven was standing there in shock. And the camp. and Chiron. I plucked one of the strings. It sounded better than my one in class, better than any lyre I have ever heard. I sat down and peacefully played a Mozart classic, The Magic Flute, forgetting everyone was there. I listened to every chord and note and everyone stood and listened. Travis started to come up to me, like a trance, but Conner stopped him. I stopped.

"That was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard in my life!" Travis said to me.