Clarrise Rymes 24/7

My heart felt broken after seeing Travis cry about his old crush. I couldn't sleep the other night, and I just kept thinking about it. I walked into the Hermes cabin.

"Hello?" I said. All of the kids were sleeping. I tiptoed in. I spotted Travis on his bunk. Gods, his bunk was messy. I cleaned it up for him and kissed him on the head. That made him bolt upright. "What?" he said rubbing his head. His eyes focused on me. "Oh, hey," he said. "Sorry I woke you up," I said, glancing at Connor on the top bunk. 

He yawned. "No problem," I smiled. "I cleaned your bunk for you!" I said, pointing at the cleanliness. His eyes widened. "Now I can't find anything!" I blushed, then rolled my eyes. "Oh, come here!" I said. I pulled him in. He smiled and we kissed. We hadn't noticed the crowd that had just woken up. 

"Travis Stoll is in love!" someone said. We retreated. "Oh, my gods!" Travis gasped.  Connor smirked. "Connor, if you did this I'm going to kill you!" Travis said. "Travis, calm down. They had to know sometime!" I said. An unclaimed girl pouted. "But I wanted him!" she said, then shut up when everyone looked at her. 

She cursed in ancient Greek. An Ares camper stormed in. "HOPE! YOU DOPE! I IM GOING TO KILL YOU! I KNEW!" The Hermes cabin laughed. "What?" I said, not realizing I was holding on Travis's hand so tight, that it was turning white. I let go, and he breathed heavily. 

The girl with the long brown hair huffed. "YOU MADE ME RYME YOU SLIME!" Travis patted me on the back and laughed so hard I thought his eyes were going to fall out. "What do you mean?!?" I yelled. The girl, Clarisse, went blank. "UNDO IT, OR SHOE IT!" Clarrise barked. I looked for my Lyre and took it out of my bag. She sighed with relief.

I played a song and Clarrise said something when I finished. "Am I still rhyming--YES! Thanks, kid! Bye! Have fun with--," her eyes focused on Travis. "Your boyfriend," Clarrise bounded off to tell her fellow Ares campers. 

"What was that about?" I asked. 

"The Apollo cabin is always pranking the Ares cabin. Kinda a thing they have--parent rivalries. That results in cabin rivalries. You should have kept her rhyming!" Travis said, putting his arm around me. 

I smiled and put my head on his shoulder. The whole cabin aw-ed.