LIFE BEFORE LOVE

He was my second chance at true love. When I met him in 2010 everything about him was perfect except for the year of his birth. My name is Carol Culbreath and I was a best-selling author at the time. I was living in Atlanta, Georgia with my two teenaged sons Xavier Jr and Valente. Xavier Jr. better known as Zay, was 16 and my youngest son Valente was celebrating his 14th birthday. Zay is the smartest, funniest kid on the planet, and he's very outgoing and outspoken for his age. As for Valente, he is brilliant, kind and helpful, a definite momma's boy, but he and his father shared a very special bond too. Valentes' birthday is June the 11th and as his birthday neared I asked how he wanted to celebrate his special day that's when he told me he wanted a big party and he wanted Dell, a local up and coming rapper, to perform at the party. I was determined to do everything in my power to make it happen. I spared no expense for Valente's party, if anyone deserved to get exactly what they wanted, it was Valente. He hadn't smiled much since his father passed away and he never asked for much so I had to make his wish a reality.

After Valente requested the party, I had Zay immediately post a status on a social media site requesting information for Dell or his management team. A couple of hours later I had the information that I'd needed. I immediately reached out to Dell's manager, Lowell, and I inquired about the cost for Dell to perform at Valente's party. Lowell quoted me a really great price and I was more than happy to pay it because I knew that Valente would have the time of his life.

I secured a venue for the party, it was a popular teenage party spot in our area and of course I had the biggest piece of the puzzle scheduled to perform. I elected to tell Valente that Dell was too busy to perform. I told him that for two reasons, in case something happened and Dell would have been unable to perform Valente would've been none the wiser and secondly I wanted it to be a surprise. I didn't even tell Zay because he would've ruined the surprise for sure. At first, Valente was a little bit disappointed but he was so happy to be having a huge party so he was fine by the end of that night.

The night of Valente's party he had no idea that Dell was actually going to perform. When we arrived at the venue Zay jumped out of the car because his friends kept texting him saying that they were waiting for him inside. Valente stayed behind with me and while we were exiting the car he told me that he was thankful for his party and he knew I'd tried hard to get Dell to perform.

"Mom thank you," he said.

"You're welcome and you should know that I'll do anything for you guys" I replied.

When we walked into the club Valente quickly found his friends. The cute young lady that had a crush on him was there and they exchanged smiles. A few minutes after we arrived, I received a text from Lowell informing me that he and Dell were waiting in the kitchen to meet me.

When I walked into the kitchen I introduced myself to Lowell, his wife Mary and all of Dell's entourage. When I approached Dell to shake his hand he opened his arms wide and gave me a hug that lasted longer than it should've. After our hug I took a step back and looked at him. He was beyond handsome. He stood at 6'3, with light brown skin, wavy hair, deep dimples, short neatly groomed facial hair, the type of lips that you yearn to kiss and he had the body of an action figure. I am 5'7, with a complexion that resembles honey, big pouty lips, slanted eyes and at the time I had long natural hair that came below my bra strap, 34A breasts, a small waist and a big video vixen ass. I immediately thought that we complimented one another. "If only he was a few years older" I said to myself. When he hugged me I had a tingle in my vagina that I hadn't felt since before my husband and I separated. I looked up at him and smiled, but I really wanted to take his hand and lead him to a place where we could've been alone. I desperately wanted him to know what my body felt like, every inch of it. I maintained my professionalism but I secretly wished that I was leaving with him.