IF IT COMES BACK, ITS YOURS FOR SURE

It was Saturday and it had been an entire week since the boys came home from camp. It had also been a full week since I had broken up with Dell. Kassidy called me early in the morning and asked me if I had heard from Dell and I told her no. She said, "he'll be back because he really loves you". I said "I hope so and I am tired of waiting. Plus, the suspense is killing me". She told me that I should wait as long as I felt that it was necessary she also added "don't stop enjoying life, while you wait". As soon as our conversation was over Valente came downstairs and I said "I'm leaving in a little while but you nor Zay can leave while I'm gone". I decided that I was going to go and fight for my relationship. I had to think beyond my fear of rejection.

I combed my hair into a sleek bun and I put on some black mid-thigh shorts, a peach ruffled top, some black gladiator sandals and I wore the necklace he gave me. I knew that I looked cute, a really fuckable cute so I said to myself "he won't be able to stay mad at me now" then I left my house and I drove to his parents' home.

When I arrived, his truck was in the driveway so I knew he was there. I was nervous so I said to myself "now or never". I went onto the porch and used the door knocker and every second I waited on the porch felt like an eternity. When he opened the door he had nothing but grey sweat pants on and he looked so sexy, I bit my bottom lip.

"What do you want?" he harshly asked.

"Dell, I want you... I WANT US" I was pleading my case.

He looked at me like he hated everything about me.

"So now I'm just supposed to run into your arms and forget about how you dumped me, how you fucking hurt me?" I was about to respond then he said "you let someone who you acknowledged is very miserable break up our relationship".

"Dell, I'm sorry, I was scared but I love you and I want you back" I continued pleading.

"Have a nice fucking life Carol" he asserted then he closed the door on me.

I was in shock and my shock swiftly turned to outrage so I began to cry and shout "SO NONE OF WHAT WE DID, NONE OF WHAT WE HAD MATTERS TO YOU? FUCK YOU DELL! YOU OBVIOUSLY NEVER GAVE A SHIT ABOUT ME". He opened the door and he had a smirk on his face when he said "but you know what? You were right about one thing, I had sex with this beautiful, sexy, perky 19-year-old last night and everything about her was better than you. SO YEAH I WAS MISSING OUT ON BETTER!". Time stood still, but his words cut me like a hot knife through butter. "You made love to someone else?" I astonishingly asked. I grabbed the chain that he gave me and yanked it from my neck then threw it at him and I said 'FUCK YOU, I HATE YOU" and I began walking towards my truck.

As I got closer to my truck I noticed Albert and Naomi's car approaching in the distance. I quickly got in to avoid eye contact with them. I wanted to pull away in a hurry so I didn't have to look at them or say anything to them but I felt extremely nauseous in that moment, so I sat in my truck, covered my face with my hands and cried. Albert parked his car on the street so that I'd be able to exit the driveway. He walked to my car, tapped on my window and said "my son still loves you very much, he's just extremely hurt right now". I guess Pop could tell that things didn't go well between us that day since I was crying. Albert then said "things are going to work out, I promise you that. I know how much he loves you". I removed my hands from my face and lowered my window. I looked at Albert and said "but, he's moved on" and I became more nauseous as the thought of him making love to another woman entered my mind. I wiped my tears and I said to Pop "thank you for treating me like family, I really appreciate it. You and Ma are great people and I will always remember you all". He explained that we would always be family. A tear fell from my eye as I said "please tell Cordell I really do love him and it was not my intent to hurt him. Tell him I thought I was doing the right thing and now I realize that I made a huge mistake". I looked at Albert, feigned a smile and reversed out of the driveway. As I backed out Ma was still sitting in their car and when I looked at her she looked sad so I just waved at her with tears falling from my eyes.