Chapter Fourteen

*Merlin's POV*

I open my eyes to see an illuminated forest, seeming as if it's glowing with light. I look around warily, but feel at home in this peculiar place.
"Merlin." I turn to see my father standing by a stream, smiling proudly.
"Father?" I smile widely, walking a bit closer to him.
"Do not come any closer," he warns softly. I stop in my tracks, confused.
"Why not?"
"If you do..." he trails off, hesitating. "If you do, you'll never wake up."
I raise my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"
"Merlin, you'll die if you touch me. You're barely hanging onto life as we speak. I'm the only one keeping you from dying already," my father explains, giving me a moment to let this sink in.
I'm dying? Right. Yes, the Druid... I shiver at the thought of him. What happened? He tortured me, yes... then Arthur came in and knocked him out.... Wait. Arthur!
"Is Arthur okay?" I ask franticly, my thoughts swirling with panic.
"Arthur is fine, don't worry, my boy," he smiles warmly at me.
I nod and exhale deeply in relief. "He hurt his ankle though," I recall.
"Yes, but that can be fixed," my father nods. "You, though..."
"Am I going to die?" I'm surprised at how calm my voice is compared to my mind.
When he hesitates, I know I must be bad. "The blade the Druid cut you with was made with very powerful magic. The herbs that can cure you would take weeks, months to find. You do not have that much time."
"Then how am I to survive?"
"Only a powerful sorcerer can undo the damage that had been made, Merlin," my father explains quietly.
"How powerful?"
"Very," he responds. "Arthur has left Camelot in search of the herbs that you need,"
"What?" I exclaim in alarm. "But he's injured!"
"That will not stop him, and you know it. I fear that he will run into unwanted dangers in the search, but I will do everything in my power to keep him hidden. Do not worry, Merlin. Arthur will be safe,"
I nod slowly, knowing he is telling the truth.
"I must go now," he bows his head slightly.
"What? Why?" I ask, disappointed to see him go so fast.
My father smiles at me. "I will see you soon, my son."
Before I can protest, he's gone and I'm standing alone in this foggy, iridescent forest.
What is this place, and why am I here?

Author's Note:
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been so busy with school and work and ugh. Anyway, so I should be updating at least once a week! If not, you have permission to yell at me. Seriously! :)
Thanks for all the support, and sorry about this chapter being kind of boring and short. Hope you enjoyed though!