3: News

Wrigley:
It's been a few weeks since that one night stand. I haven't contacted him, nothing. I moved in with my best friend, Emma and it's much better than with Ryne. "Emma hurry up! I need to use the bathroom!" I yell, as I feel nauseous for the fifth time in the last hour. "Just come in." Emma replied. I run in and throw up in the toilet. Aw, my Nutella pancakes. "I swear to god you either have the flu or you're pregnant." Emma said. "Shut up. I can't be pregnant...could I?" I stand up after wiping my mouth and flushing the toilet. "Take a test and find out." She shrugs. "I will in a little bit." I walk to my room and put on a floral crop top with a matching skirt, bottoming it off with some navy blue flip flops. I brush my hair and leave it in it's natural blonde waves. I walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth then look in the full length mirror. I put my hands on my stomach. Could I really be pregnant? "You wanna come with?" I asked Emma as I grabbed my purse and my sunglasses. "Yeah." She replied. I get into my black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and drive to CVS. I buy the pregnancy test and take it there, Em and I are pacing around the bathrooms. "It's been three minutes. I'm scared to look." I bite my nails. "I am too." She said. "You? I'm the one who's possibly carrying the child of an MLB player!" I nervously run my fingers through my hair. "Just look at it." Emma tells me. I slowly pick it up and it says 'Pregnant 2-3 weeks'. Shit. Well, um thank you Clearblue for being very specific. I don't know how to react. I'm literally a glass case of emotions. "What does it say?" Emma asks. "I'm 2-3 weeks pregnant." I say. "Congratulations, best friend." She smiles. I'm scared but actually really excited. I mean I'm 21 years old.

I drop Emma off at home because I have to go to my parents house for a family lunch. Just my siblings, my parents and grandparents. Every first Saturday at noon, we get together at my family's house and catch up on life. Well I have some news...big news....

I walk in the door and smell the scent of chicken and noodles cooking. Fuck. Here comes the nausea. I quickly run to the bathroom and throw up. I wipe my mouth, flush the toilet and I put a mint in my mouth. I walk to the kitchen and find my mom cooking. "Hey Wrigs, didn't even see you come in." Mom smiled and hugged me. "I had to go to the bathroom so I quickly snuck in and went." I laugh. "You alright? You look a bit pale." Mom feels my forehead. "Mom I'm fine." I smile. "Where's Javy?" She asked. My face fell. "He and I never were a thing. I was just one of his one night stands." I sigh. "Oh. That's a shame." She continues to stir the chicken and noodles. "Would you mind getting the biscuits out of the oven?" Mom asked. "Not at all." I grab oven mitts and take the biscuits out and setting them on the counter. "Wrigley!" I heard Dad's voice. "Hi Dad." I smiled. "What? Not gonna give your ole pops a hug?" He asked. I roll my eyes, laugh and hug him. "Hun, you look pale." He said. "That's what I said, and she told me she was fine." Mom chimed in. "I really am fine." I say. "Where's Rizz and Addi?" I ask. "Playing in the playroom." Mom says. I nod. "Grandma and Papa are on the porch, they've been asking if you were here yet." Ryne comes in. I walk past him and see my grandma, Hilda and papa who's Cuban, Esteban. "Grandma, Papa!" I say. "Wrigley!" My grandma gets up to hug me, so does papa. "How are you?" Papa asks. "I'm good." I smiled, sitting down. "Are you okay? You look pale." Grandma says. "Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled.
We sit and talk for about 20 minutes before Mom calls us in. I sit between Ryne and Addison. We say Grace then we eat. I'm literally fighting with my conscience on whether I should wait on if someone brings up the topic of big news or should I just come out and say it. Hard decision. "I have some news..." I say. "You're moving to Switzerland!" Ryne says and I smack him. "No." I rolled my eyes. "Well go on, sweetheart, what is it?" Dad asks. "Remember when I went home with Javy Baez that one night after the game?" Everyone nods. "Well, we got drunk and um did the dirty, and I just found out today that I'm 2-3 weeks pregnant." I say, nervously. "Oh my god! You got knocked up by Javy Baez! That's amazing!" Ryne laughs his ass off. I slap him. Shithead. "Honey, your father and I are not mad but don't you think you should've waited til you got married or at least used protection?" Mom looks at me. "Do I need to remind you, we were drunk?" I look at her. "Oh. Right." She responded. "Sissy gonna have a baby?" Addison asked. "Yeah." I replied. "Yay!" He exclaimed. Grandma and Papa congratulated me and then we finished eating lunch.

I take out my phone and text Emma.
*W: Baby stores?*
*E: Yeah!!! Come pick me up!*
*W: Be there in 10*

I get back to the apartment and text Emma I'm here, she comes out about 2 minutes later. "Yayyyy! I'm so excited!" She said. "Me too!" I start to drive.

We get to Babies R Us, and I look at prices for baby seats. I'm not gonna get one until I find out the gender but it's best to look now just to get an idea on prices.