15: Dress/Ring Shopping

Wrigley:

Javy and I decided to surprise each other on our wedding day. I'm with my mom, and my bridesmaids to go dress shopping for me. I'm picking up Javy's wedding band too. My bridesmaids are in this order:
Maid of Honor-Emma (my bff)
Tana (a friend I grew up with here)
Jess (Kris's wife)
Emily (Anthony's fiancée)
Julianna (Ben's wife)

The ring bearer is my little brother Addison and the flower girl is my little sister, Rizzo. Rizzo is also with us. Javy has Diego because he said he called dibs today. I literally laughed harder than I wanted to on that one. I have Rizzo on my hip as we're walking into the bridal shop. "Sissy I love you." Rizzo kisses my cheek. "I love you too Rizz." I smiled. We get to the front desk when we walk into Veil's Bridal. (Totally made up place) "Good morning, can we help you?" Asks one of the women in the front. "Yeah, we have an appointment at 8:15." Emma said. "Perfect timing, which one of you Wrigley?" The person asks. "Yeah, that would me me." I smiled, putting my sister down. "Perfect. This is Jenna and she will be working with you today." The person smiled. I smile back. "Okay, I'm gonna steal Wrigley from you ladies and we will be back when we find dresses." Jenna said. They all nod and I follow Jenna to a room. "So when is the wedding?" Jenna asks. "January 27, 2018." I respond. "Okay, tell me about your fiancé." She tells me. "Alright, well, plays for the Cubs." I chuckle a little. "I love the Cubs." Jenna smiled. "So then you might know who I'm talking about." I laugh a little. "Tell me a little more." Jenn said. "He's funny, he's got a lot of tattoos, we've got a kid together. He's from Puerto Rico." I respond. "You're the fiancée of Javy Baez." She said. "Yup that's me." I smile. "That's awesome." Jenna replied. "It is." I nod. "What kind of style were you looking for?" She wondered. "Well, even though it's gonna be a Chicago wedding in January, I don't want nothing long sleeved." I respond. "I want something fitted but flowy at the bottom." I said. Jenna gasps. "I've got two that are perfect for you. What's your price range?" She asked. "$2,000-6,000." I respond. My parents are paying for it. They said that when I got engaged to Javy. Jenna nods and comes back about five minutes later with two dresses. I tried one on but didn't go show the girls, my sister and my mom. The second one I tried on. I had that feel. I found my dress. "You ready to go show them?" Jenna asks. I nod and walk out.

"Oh my god! Wrigley!" My mom has tears in her eyes

"Oh my god! Wrigley!" My mom has tears in her eyes. "It's beautiful!" Maddie smiled. "Wrigley, I love it." Jess said. "It's perfect." Julianna smiled. "Oh yeah, I love it." Emily smiled. "Does it feel good?" Jenna asked. "Yeah, it feels perfect." I smiled. "How much?" I wondered. "$4,600." Jenna said. I look at my mom for her input. "I love it, Wrigley. It's beautiful, it's so....you! So honey, if you want it, it's yours." Mom said. I smile. "I know this isn't Kleinfeld but I just have to." Jenna said. "Wrigley, are you saying yes to the dress?" She smiled. "Yes!" I'm in tears. I found my dress.

We go for lunch then we're in the vehicle. "Now I gotta go pick up Javy's ring from the jewelry store." I said. The girls stay in the car. "Hi, I'm here to pick up an order for Wrigley Martin." I say. "I'll be right back." The man behind the counter said. He comes back with Javy's ring. "There you go. And you had paid for it already, correct?" He asks. I nod. I open the box and look at it before going back to the girls.

"Can we see it?" Jess asked

"Can we see it?" Jess asked. "Yeah." I open the box and show them. "Wrigley, Javy's gonna love it!" Jess smiled. All the girls loved it. I have to figure out a way to hide it before January 27th of next year. "Mom, can you keep the ring at your house?" I asked. "Of course." She smiled.   So today, I got my dress right off the showroom floor and I got to bring it with me. Maddie is keeping the dress at her her place in her closet. I cannot wait to get married, honestly.

Javy:

When I knew that Wrigley's mom was home, I knew it was time to go ask her what I wanted. I knock on the door. "Hi, Javy, come in." She smiled. I walk in. "What's up?" Lisa asks. "So, I was wanting to ask you about a ring for Wrigley. I don't know what she would like as far as rings go." I replied. "You did good coming to me because I have something she's been wanting her whole life." Her mom walks down the hall and comes back with a ring.

"It was my mother's ring. Wrigley has been wanting it forever. And now this is the perfect timing. But if I were you, I'd have it restored to more modern day but she will still be able to tell." Her mom tells me, handing the ring over.

"Thank you, Lisa

"Thank you, Lisa." I said. "You're welcome, Javy." She replied. Her dad wanted me to stick around for a while to talk baseball and the wedding so I did that.